U.S. Constitution

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We is an inclusive term of which I would be an unwilling member and in complete disagreement with your statement.
Well, you don't belong to my club (We) and don't expect an invitation.
We don't like your kind around here!
Sincerely,
Members of We

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Now we use the police to indiscriminately kill black youth.
The more things change, the more they stay the same!
who is the we that has directed the police to go out and indiscriminately kill black youth?
The Society of the people who pay taxes and vote.
We is an inclusive term of which I would be an unwilling member and in complete disagreement with your statement.
The and is inclusive while we is inclusive of a defined group of which you are not part of.

newfie

Now we use the police to indiscriminately kill black youth.
The more things change, the more they stay the same!

do you really believe "we " do this.
the act by an individual would or could show individual biases.
"We" would seem to show more so a greater conspiracy to act such.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
do you really believe "we " do this.
the act by an individual would or could show individual biases.
"We" would seem to show more so a greater conspiracy to act such.
I believe the part of Society that is most able to control and/or influence the "enforcement" entity of the Police is the "we".
The police can be local, state, or National.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe the "part of Society" that is most able to control and/or influence the "enforcement" entity of the Police is the "we".
The police can be local, state, or National.
and you believe this we indiscriminately kills black youth?
Not indiscriminately ...
Individual policemen/policewomen make split-second decisions based on their prejudices, their background and most importantly, their on-the job experience and unfortunately lives are lost ... hopefully not too many of the police being the victims.
That "part of Society" supports and condones whatever actions (within acceptable parameters) that it takes to ensure conformity and ensure a continuation of the existing norms. That "part of Society" will support the police whenever possible to ensure their goals are met.