Uber/Lyft side job

Santashelper1

Are we allowed to work for Uber/Lyft while employed as a driver for UPS? Or does DOT laws come into affect? What about if we strike one day.. would I be able to just drive for uber/Lyft or even Amazon or would UPS have a problem with those?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Are we allowed to work for Uber/Lyft while employed as a driver for UPS? Or does DOT laws come into affect? What about if we strike one day.. would I be able to just drive for uber/Lyft or even Amazon or would UPS have a problem with those?
giphy (4).gif

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

I just order Uber Eats, can you pick up my order?:wellduh::nervoussmiley:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You can’t be serious.

You don’t have any overhead on your vehicle at UPS, you don’t have to deal with drunks/:censored2:s tearing your :censored2: up. You also have a steady paycheck, make easily $20/hr over what your hourly money at Uber is, not even calculating OT. Don’t forget any hours worked outside your UPS hours must be calculated in your 60hr week and daily resets.

If you need more money just work OT at UPS, need more proof, visit the Uberdriver reddit

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
You can’t be serious.

You don’t have any overhead on your vehicle at UPS, you don’t have to deal with drunks/:censored2:s tearing your :censored2: up. You also have a steady paycheck, make easily $20/hr over what your hourly money at Uber is, not even calculating OT. Don’t forget any hours worked outside your UPS hours must be calculated in your 60hr week and daily resets.

If you need more money just work OT at UPS, need more proof, visit the Uberdriver reddit

He wants extra cash on Uber let him be. Until He gets assault. He will learn his lesson. Sometimes people live throughout experieces that through an good advice.

barnyard

KTM rider
why on earth would you

This.

A google search 'is uber or lyft a good pt job' will tell you everything you need to know.

If you really need the dough, look at delivering pizzas. You will make way more money. You still need to work within your DOT hours, but it will be a better deal than any of the ride share scams.

Santashelper1

This.

A google search 'is uber or lyft a good pt job' will tell you everything you need to know.

If you really need the dough, look at delivering pizzas. You will make way more money. You still need to work within your DOT hours, but it will be a better deal than any of the ride share scams.

Thanks for a legit response.

And to the others, I just like to work. I take all the OT I can when offered. Idk about other buildings, but they don’t allow 6 Day punches very often where I’m at or else I’d do it all the time. Just trying to save up as much money as possible so when retirement comes around, I don’t have have any worries. Pizza delivery isn’t a bad idea. I might be able to do that under the table so I don’t have to worry about DOT.

Thanks for a legit response.

And to the others, I just like to work. I take all the OT I can when offered. Idk about other buildings, but they don’t allow 6 Day punches very often where I’m at or else I’d do it all the time. Just trying to save up as much money as possible so when retirement comes around, I don’t have have any worries. Pizza delivery isn’t a bad idea. I might be able to do that under the table so I don’t have to worry about DOT.
You don't want to work any side jobs under the table. Seriously if you get into a serious accident, someone will find out. If you are hurting for cash you can probably find a non DOT job to work on Saturdays,just make sure you have your 34 hour reset in before Mondays start time.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
One of my customers is a 2nd year UPS driver... Mon thru Friday.

he does Amazon flex on the weekends. I doubt he is reporting his side hustle to UPS though

No uber or lyft... boxes don't talk back