uk ups

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
I was wondering if there were any posters on here that were from outside of North America.

Maybe you should start by telling us why people desire to leave the Manchester centre. If it's just because your centre is run by a gang of drooling idiots then, sorry dude, all centres are like that.:)

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Hey there Ive work in so cal but have a few high school mates that work over in the UK You guys get a raw deal but have much less volume than us over here. My one buddy says he gets about 60 deliveries 5 pick ups and no more than 200 packages daily compared to me 130 deliveries 45 pick ups 1500-2000 pieces daily

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
My one buddy says he gets about 60 deliveries 5 pick ups and no more than 200 packages daily compared to me 130 deliveries 45 pick ups 1500-2000 pieces daily

1500-2000 pieces per day???!!!!! Is that all letters or something? How many trips back and forth to the centre do you make in a day? Jesus man, the other day I left with a cubed truck, did 90 deliveries, 10 p/u's for a total of 220 pieces. And that was a stupidly busy day! ***?

sendagain

For many years the average stops on a vehicle in the metro Los Angeles area was around 140, including the pickups. Pieces have risen a bit since there are no more limits on how much weight you can ship to any one address per day.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
1500-2000 pieces per day???!!!!! Is that all letters or something? How many trips back and forth to the centre do you make in a day? Jesus man, the other day I left with a cubed truck, did 90 deliveries, 10 p/u's for a total of 220 pieces. And that was a stupidly busy day! ***?

I do a resi route in the whittier hills I usualy have about 120 stops done by 12 30 1 pm My route is really tight and I worked (and Bitched) with magement a lot so EDD is set up perfect 20 stops are at a medical building that only takes about 15 mins to do. On the way back to the building at 2 I pick up 3 bulk stops around 300 400 packages daily , thi s fills up my delivery truck and I drop it off at the building and pick up the 40 footer (wally) I then go get the rest of my pick ups , about 15 of those are palatised already for me , Im cool with all my customers and always go out of my way to service them and in return they pretty much all help me by having the packages on the dock ready to go . My last pick up is Housten wire at 700pm busy day but it sure pays Ive had up to 2 hours incentive per day if everything goes ok. plus I`m a bad MF !!!!! LOL

poozer2000

Does seem to be a lot of difference between us here in the uk and you folks across the pond i think that the fact that you americans don't have to gain a signature for a lot of your stops is a bonus for you? Where as we have to gain a signature for everything I'd love to just put packages at the front door, we'd all probably do double, but unfortunately all the chavs here would nick them all!!!!!
and again i will echo what my colleage mentioned about congestion the roads over here during rush hour is absolutely appalling where as the times ive been to canada and the states threre's nout on the roads

Oh and helenof california i think were gonna have to buy you a english dictionary.......

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Does seem to be a lot of difference between us here in the uk and you folks across the pond i think that the fact that you americans don't have to gain a signature for a lot of your stops is a bonus for you? Where as we have to gain a signature for everything I'd love to just put packages at the front door, we'd all probably do double, but unfortunately all the chavs here would nick them all!!!!!
and again i will echo what my colleage mentioned about congestion the roads over here during rush hour is absolutely appalling where as the times ive been to canada and the states threre's nout on the roads

Oh and helenof california i think were gonna have to buy you a english dictionary.......
COME TO BOSTON OR NEW YORK AT RUSH HOUR,oh I'm sorry I forgot WE THREW YOU OUT IN 1776 BECAUSE WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YA!!! [just kidding] your all welcome here,if you come to visit please take back my Limey brother in law lol lol

Big Babooba

COME TO BOSTON OR NEW YORK AT RUSH HOUR,oh I'm sorry I forgot WE THREW YOU OUT IN 1776 BECAUSE WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YA!!! [just kidding] your all welcome here,if you come to visit please take back my Limey brother in law lol lol
I was in Boston last Tuesday. It's a lot nicer to get around nowthat the Big Dig is pretty much done. It used to be that you could see where you wanted to be but you couldn't get there from where you were.

poozer2000

See Boston easy to get about in ! lol