Underdispatched yet again...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We used to have a thing called an ISP card, inproper shipping practice, something that made sense is gone from the operations. Duh.....But put in those sales leads

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh yeah, work safely, but we have cut carwash hours so if your windows need cleaned, do it yourself, but dont code it out, 1030 commit on 2ndair am starting tomorrow, and we are starting at 910am so by the time you get to your area you will have 40 minutes to deliver 18 stops. So you will just work faster, but we still expect you can do it, as you are just a slacker and we need to motivate you to work faster, harder, but be safe.....or else. Delivering air for three routes, coz some yahoo 1000 miles away said routes need to be cut, sure no problem. Cant put that rt back in even tho people are working 11s and 12s and running scratch. We havent even recovered from Peak, and I know nothing is going to change. This cycle is stuck on stupid. I give up, I am disenchanted. Anyone else??
End of rant for now.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tooner

I think you have it. So get out there, reach back and get it get it get it girl:wink: !

It has been that way since someone at corp decided that pencil pushers know more about delivery than delivery people. And it will stay that way until they change their mind, or UPS goes bust

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Exactly, in their greed they have decided that they can get more from less, and they do, as really no one can match us. But the more customers we pee off with errattic delivery times and early pu times, they will go elsewhere, which will give the "other " comapnies the leverage they need to overtake big brown. Then they will get it, but it will be too late.

pt_oms

As far as the ISP's go, it still exist, only it is now on line called E-ISP as in electronic. I have many drivers who bring me unscannable labels as well as anything else that is wrong with the package, and believe it or not it does get fixed. WE had one shipper in North Cal. ship bulk packages to a business and the driver would have to key enter 50-100 barcaodes daily, the driver was doing this for weeks until he finally mentioned it to me in passing, 3 days after I put the information into EISP it was fixed. If the information isn't given to the shippers how are they to know something is wrong? I recommend to get with your OMS in the evening and have them submit the EISP's.

UPSmeoff

first of all i am up way to late.
second of all who contacts the major shippers like staples. i know my mgmt team would not know where to start.
i dont know where i was going with this.
tomorrow is going to suck. im glad the longhorns won, they beat OSU.
safety tip of the day is dont party till 2 45 in the morning and plan on going to work in the am.
tight lines.
cya!:w00t:

UPSmeoff

that post makes me look like i hate OSU. i am from cbus and thats the greatest team ever.
Tressel for president!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ditto on the mgmt team, OMS it aint like that in most centers. Our OMS just looks at me when I ask them to do something, we cant even do charge corrections.

danlin

toonertoo said:
We used to have a thing called an ISP card, inproper shipping practice, something that made sense is gone from the operations. Duh.....But put in those sales leads

Used to have a thing called "driver marketing" in the DIAD but they took that
out ....You could used to edit in the DIAD they took that out too because both things I used and worked so well.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The reason they took them out are two fold.

First, they worked and made management accountable to get things like that fixed.

Secondly they created additional work for management and the CAE's. While some managers do enjoy getting out there and visiting with customers, many would rather sit in an office and work on the computer, or sit in meetings and conference calls.

Now we can't have more work for the over worked now can we?

outta hours

This thread validates my decision to always take this week off for vacation,and next week as well. It is so nice to be able to rest up and recharge after peak. It may seem foolish to some to take 2 weeks early in the year. But who needs all the dispatch headaches, splits, busted routes, after dealing with peak for a month and a half. It is very hot in my area in the summer and some guys tell me I should save more vacation for the hot time of the year. But give me a sweat towel any day over a 30 stop split now. Heck a big split can make you sweat even in the dead of winter. I get 5 weeks vacation plus the 8 option days that to me is plenty of time off to have through out the year. my advice to you all is to consider taking off this time next year. Your body and your family will thank you.

over9five

Staff member
Tooner, you obviously have a bad attitude. If you couldn't do all this extra work, we wouldn't give it to you! I had Mike himself (former IE guy) check your route. His figures show you could easily do 6 more air stops by 10:30.
Please stop worrying about customers leaving us. We don't!
Thank you,
Your Management Team

DS

Fenderbender
Here it gets really cold in January...I mean really cold.So cold that if you take off your gloves for more than a minute you have to take another one to warm your hands with the truck heater before you go again.I had to stop for my break sometimes and take my Sorels off in a restaurant to get circulation back in my feet.So I work all those crappy days and take a week off in late January when its a million below with the windchill.I bet Quebec driver knows what I`m talkin` about,because it gets even colder where he is.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
PTOMS, yes I know it used to work, just like all the other things, so simple, that worked and disappeared. Now if you would be so kind as to send me a private message or on here I dont care, walk me through how I can explain to my Oms how to find it on his PC, he would gladly do it, hes a great guy. but I dont think he knows as no one gets any training in anything in our center. I could give him a way to start and he would figure it out, and it would fix many problems, after all the only people who fix things, or know whats wrong is the people who do it.

Oh yeah, I do have a bad attitiude lately, not my fault.

pt_oms

sure Toonertoo, I just got back from work, tomorrow when i go mback in i will copy the URL for the website and make sure you get it

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
PTOMS, unless you can get to the site on the website then they are not allowed to venture there. No one in our two centers has the clearance to go on the internet, other than www.ups.com. Including the management team.

A

Anonymous Coward

toonertoo said:
Exactly, in their greed they have decided that they can get more from less, and they do, as really no one can match us. But the more customers we pee off with errattic delivery times and early pu times, they will go elsewhere, which will give the "other " comapnies the leverage they need to overtake big brown. Then they will get it, but it will be too late.
Tooter, You could always quit....

overallowed72

We had 28 drivers the other day (out of 49 on the road that day) work over 10 1/2 hours. Most of the others were 9 to 9.75. I had an 8 hour day approved for this past Friday, and guess what 9.58 day.This was after telling Mgmt at 2pm that I would not be finished and off in 8 hours. The really sad thing is that I'm supposedly on the "tracker" for over 9.5, yet Friday made my 4th of 4 for the week (3 over 10 hrs).

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Coward

Since tooner is too much of a lady to tell you where you can shove your ugly face, I will.

Unfortunately, cowards like you find your way into our management system and don't take the time to listen to the people that get the most face time with the customers. Big mistake.

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks Danny,
-Coward, yes I could quit,And I may at any time.
But I have given the company 21 1/2 of my best yrs, and done a great job for them, and helped them make money, in return was paid for what I did.
Now if you want to tell every dedicated employee that they should hit the road if they dont like whats going on, then you are not going to have much of a work force left. Telling me to quit is just your testosterone building up, and not letting the blood get to your prain.