Union Coverage

7529Dal

I work as a Hazmat Auditor, was told I cant join the union, but tonight a day after the district manager said he was speaking to the sort manager and my ft supervisor in regards to smaller issues, like pay, benefits, lack of communication etc sort supervisor came down yelling that we needed to go do something else...
Hazmat is very much a hurry up and wait position...
What I was told was, I as an AOT can not do union work. Sort manager brought down a steward and steward explained as a ups employee you are in fact covered under the union umbrella and if you feel this is wrong you can file a gerviance at the end of the night. With that i said okay, but further explained that i can't climb the stair to the top due to an ankle injury sustained while working for ups in 2020 and its noted in my employee file. Still told to get up the ladder and do as told. I did and not 5 minutes later she pulled me and told me to go home and not come back until I am 100% cleared for work.

Is an AOT employee covered under the union umbrella, because this along with other factors have felt like retailiation.

Nah
I work as a Hazmat Auditor, was told I cant join the union, but tonight a day after the district manager said he was speaking to the sort manager and my ft supervisor in regards to smaller issues, like pay, benefits, lack of communication etc sort supervisor came down yelling that we needed to go do something else...
What I was told was, I as an AOT can not do union work. Sort manager brought down a steward and steward explained as a ups employee you are in fact covered under the union umbrella and if you feel this is wrong you can file a gerviance at the end of the night. With that i said okay, but further explained that i can't climb the stair to the top due to an ankle injury sustained while working for ups in 2020 and its noted in my employee file. Still told to get up the ladder and do as told. I did and not 5 minutes later she pulled me and told me to go home and not come back until I am 100% cleared for work.

Is an AOT employee covered under the union umbrella, because this along with other factors have felt like retailiation.
Call the union hall and ask.

Are union dues taken from your check?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Doesn’t seem like your fit for duty young man

busted ankle? can’t climb a ladder?

YOULL NEVER BE A RPCD
🧔‍♂️✊

From a Land Brown Under

You should be able to join. You're talking about Hazmat Audit as in checking the DGD and HMMS system, right? I'm going through the training right now and I'm awestruck this position does not have some sort of "skilled" connotation attached to it. The amount of bureaucracy behind the work is just insane and attention to detail is flabbergasting.

So can you please define what AOT stands for? Do you pay union dues? Definitions and positions covered by the union agreement may very as states union agreements vary between one another. Also if its outside the US it may also vary. In my state all the responders are union workers. Responders are the ones who clean and dispose of leaking or broken hazmats. Though all the auditors at my facility are management from what I have heard as such they are not union workers. Excluding when health and safety takes mentor volunteers to assist with audits. That is a separate kind of audit though.

So can you please define what AOT stands for? Do you pay union dues? Definitions and positions covered by the union agreement may very as states union agreements vary between one another. Also if its outside the US it may also vary. In my state all the responders are union workers. Responders are the ones who clean and dispose of leaking or broken hazmats. Though all the auditors at my facility are management from what I have heard as such they are not union workers. Excluding when health and safety takes mentor volunteers to assist with audits. That is a separate kind of audit though.
To ad onto my previous statement as one user said talk to your union hall. They can check over what positions are specifically covered by the union and what is determined to be a management position which is then not covered by the union. Union agreement specifications vary state to state, or country to country if you are outside the US.