Union Embarrassing

Zowert

I get the frustration but without the union, you would be paying around $1200 a month to insure your family of 4, with a $10000 deductable. You would probably be making $18 an hour tops.

Having some of the best health insurance in the country (basically free) , making a 6 figure salary (more than most people with bachelor degrees), and working in an outdoor job with a high amount of independence, I find it hard to bitch about much.

The rich are always going to get richer. It's the nature of capitalism. You will not work a single job where the top dog is not rich as :censored2:.

This. Where tf else are you going to make $100k + a year with nothing more than a valid drivers license? On top of that your family has (arguably) the best health insurance in the country. Oh and the pension you’ll get when it comes time to retire is better than what career military, police or firefighters get (depending on years of service).

Of course the union isn’t perfect, you should be happy with what you’ve got.

Mooseknuckle

Ugh. Here's some objective advice: I have a college degree and was a manager at another fortune 500 company. Now I drive a brown UPS truck for a living. Why? Union wages and benefits at UPS are worth more. Does Amazon, Coca-Cola, etc. advertise higher starting wages and all of these other "perks" at hiring events or in the news? Yes. Do the jobs still suck? Yes.

UPS's problem isn't the work or the Teamsters. It's the way they treat people at all levels in the corporation. Therefore, I use my Union protections to the best of my situation and make sure they pay me every nickel owed. I also utilize the benefits to the max for me and my family. UPS can piss off once I walk out of there each day.
Solid post!

623STEWARD

This. Where tf else are you going to make $100k + a year with nothing more than a valid drivers license? On top of that your family has (arguably) the best health insurance in the country. Oh and the pension you’ll get when it comes time to retire is better than what career military, police or firefighters get (depending on years of service).

Of course the union isn’t perfect, you should be happy with what you’ve got.
Typical package car driver. I bet you are happy about 22.4 taking all your OT .
YOU are the reason we keep losing the battle. “Be happy you have a job” mentality. SMH

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
gary-owens-laugh-in-announcer-getty-images.jpg

And in breaking news....

A short term part-time employee at UPS quits.

Part timers quit?

UPSER1987

Why has there been such a turn of dissatisfaction with the union lately? I see and hear the same at my building too. Real talk.

Indecisi0n

Why has there been such a turn of dissatisfaction with the union lately? I see and hear the same at my building too. Real talk.
Because people trutly don't know what they have until they lose it. This place without the union would be a revolving door of people coming and being fired . They would use numbers to hire and fire people onna daily basis . Not to mention our pay and benefits would only be a fraction of what they are right now .