Union forcing dues on employee

Teacher

Won't pay dues but I'm sure this is th same tool that will use his seniority to get what he wants. Hmmm wonder who enforces that seniority?
Been at freight for 10 years and I am 3rd from bottom of seniority list. So I sit at home waiting to be called into work every day when they have already worked a part time employee in front of a full time employee. My seniority gets violated on a regular basis and I never ask for a thing from the union. I am not going to because I have chose not to join. I do not feel like I am using any services the union is offering. I do not ask for handouts.

542thruNthru

Been at freight for 10 years and I am 3rd from bottom of seniority list. So I sit at home waiting to be called into work every day when they have already worked a part time employee in front of a full time employee. My seniority gets violated on a regular basis and I never ask for a thing from the union. I am not going to because I have chose not to join. I do not feel like I am using any services the union is offering. I do not ask for handouts.

So let me get this straight. You want the union to make changes and fight for you.......BUT......you won't enforce the contract you already have because you feel it's a hand out?

What do you want the BA to sit at your hub all day and make sure all the rules are being followed? It's sounds like to me even if the union made those changes you'd still be sitting at home because you are a push over.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
do you work for free and forgo all benefits?

BrownBrokeDown

I am going to say this real slow so you might understand...

The Union already has a process for this . It is called a grievance . If you need help filling one out ask a steward . Well , maybe I should have said Stewart for you to understand . But you have to take the initiative .

Oh and by the way . . .

S c a b

Teacher

So let me get this straight. You want the union to make changes and fight for you.......BUT......you won't enforce the contract you already have because you feel it's a hand out?

What do you want the BA to sit at your hub all day and make sure all the rules are being followed? It's sounds like to me even if the union made those changes you'd still be sitting at home because you are a push over.
Yes if i am going to join the union I do want them to fight for me. The union cannot enforce what is not written in our sorry contract. The company can do whatever they wish with no repercussions. If the company wants to cut a run and add a contract carrier..... Bam it's done because the contract says they can. If the company does not want to give me 8 hours or a start time bam they can it says so in the contract. Every grey area of the contract falls in the company's favor!

Teacher

Awwww it took all my spaces out of my post :(
Not that I do file grievances, but every person I hear about filing a grievance it goes into the corner office..... They say no I am not settling it........ Union says well it's going to panel......that my friends is the end of it. Not just to me, but taking to all the employees at the service center they know that a grievance that goes to "panel" is lost forever!

tourists24

Yes if i am going to join the union I do want them to fight for me. The union cannot enforce what is not written in our sorry contract. The company can do whatever they wish with no repercussions. If the company wants to cut a run and add a contract carrier..... Bam it's done because the contract says they can. If the company does not want to give me 8 hours or a start time bam they can it says so in the contract. Every grey area of the contract falls in the company's favor!
Do u get negotiated health benefits?

Teacher

To all that work at parcel( I'm sure that's all of you) come over to freight and just see what goes on, goes unsettled, goes covered up, goes swept under rugs

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The man had Bills to pay and needs his money.
its-my-money-and-i-need-it-now.jpg