Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

bigd

I don't understand how anyone not on an E board could be making any decisions other than lawyers. This L thing stinks bad. The members should be alarmed & appalled.

Yes I'm 100% with your statement BUT Dave L and TDU most get pay back! Right Tim S.?

804brown

How do you feel about Tim bringing advisers from tdu into 804 and calling members clowns.
Let's see: in 2009 the membership by a huge margin (over 2 to 1) elected a slate FILLED with TDU members, Liam of course being one of them. This so-called TDU administration fulfilled its promises and got re-elected even after being labelled a "TDU-backed Slate". Over the years Tim has been advised by the Local's lawyers, his brain trust of BAs and Officers in that hall as well as TDU Staffers and IBT lawyers and other local leaders throughout the country.
So TDU has always been in the mix of voices he hears from right from the beginning.
As for calling members clowns, it sounds a bit harsh but then again we are only hearing a small part of what was said without any context. And lets face it: some members are clowns. You know the type: always hanging out in the office in the morning with management, always talking badly about "the union" until they screw up and need "the union" to bail them out!! So i will give Tim a pass on the use of the word "clowns".

member6045

Let's see: in 2009 the membership by a huge margin (over 2 to 1) elected a slate FILLED with TDU members, Liam of course being one of them. This so-called TDU administration fulfilled its promises and got re-elected even after being labelled a "TDU-backed Slate". Over the years Tim has been advised by the Local's lawyers, his brain trust of BAs and Officers in that hall as well as TDU Staffers and IBT lawyers and other local leaders throughout the country.
So TDU has always been in the mix of voices he hears from right from the beginning.
As for calling members clowns, it sounds a bit harsh but then again we are only hearing a small part of what was said without any context. And lets face it: some members are clowns. You know the type: always hanging out in the office in the morning with management, always talking badly about "the union" until they screw up and need "the union" to bail them out!! So i will give Tim a pass on the use of the word "clowns".

Does anyone ever notice how tdu never quite states the actual facts on numbers!! You say 2 to 1!!! Of the members who voted!! One of the biggest reasons you won that election and others was! Members didn't think you had a chance?? they didn't even care to vote because Tim and Pete were nobodies!! Since then? The only reason Tim is still in off has been that there was more than one slate running.

Your excuse for the clown statement is unacceptable for a man running for president of the international! I'm shocked you don't realize that.

804brown

Does anyone ever notice how tdu never quite states the actual facts on numbers!! You say 2 to 1!!! Of the members who voted!! One of the biggest reasons you won that election and others was! Members didn't think you had a chance?? they didn't even care to vote because Tim and Pete were nobodies!! Since then? The only reason Tim is still in off has been that there was more than one slate running.

Your excuse for the clown statement is unacceptable for a man running for president of the international! I'm shocked you don't realize that.
LOL, are you kidding me!! In 2009, it was the highest turnout EVER!! "Of the members who voted" LOL!! OF COURSE OF THE MEMBERS WHO VOTED!! Duh!! LOL, maybe you are one of those clowns, you certainly think like one. Please in 2009, members voted OVERWHELMINGLY for change. Howie/Buhlert and co overstayed their welcome. They got lazy and thought they owned their positions. Tim and Jim and their crew promised to cut the bloated salaries, stop the go along to get along mentality, increase representation, actually show up at night for pters, negotiate strong contracts, etc. About 50% of the membership voted!! Thats pretty darn good.
As for the clown statement, Tim can speak for himself. I stand by my statement that some members ARE clowns. You know it, I know it.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

LOL, are you kidding me!! In 2009, it was the highest turnout EVER!! "Of the members who voted" LOL!! OF COURSE OF THE MEMBERS WHO VOTED!! Duh!! LOL, maybe you are one of those clowns, you certainly think like one. Please in 2009, members voted OVERWHELMINGLY for change. Howie/Buhlert and co overstayed their welcome. They got lazy and thought they owned their positions. Tim and Jim and their crew promised to cut the bloated salaries, stop the go along to get along mentality, increase representation, actually show up at night for pters, negotiate strong contracts, etc. About 50% of the membership voted!! Thats pretty darn good.
As for the clown statement, Tim can speak for himself. I stand by my statement that some members ARE clowns. You know it, I know it.
How about Tim showing up for Jairo,Liam,and the 250 members....he was needed onsite in maspeth........in my opinion Tim should have been there......what do you think?

804brown

How about Tim showing up for Jairo,Liam,and the 250 members....he was needed onsite in maspeth........in my opinion Tim should have been there......what do you think?
My belief is that Liam had this whole incident planned from the beginning. He firmly thought he had right on his side. He specifically told Tim it wasn't necessary to come with him to Maspeth that morning. Liam is a pro in the office. He doesn't need his president there for a 72.
When Tim found out what was happening , he was still in Manhattan at the time. He also told Liam to send the 250 back to work immediately. Liam refused. I agree Liam and our Local would have won in any arbitration on how they fired Jairo. Where I think he went wrong is escalating the situation into an illegal strike.

My belief is that Liam had this whole incident planned from the beginning. He firmly thought he had right on his side. He specifically told Tim it wasn't necessary to come with him to Maspeth that morning. Liam is a pro in the office. He doesn't need his president there for a 72.
When Tim found out what was happening , he was still in Manhattan at the time. He also told Liam to send the 250 back to work immediately. Liam refused. I agree Liam and our Local would have won in any arbitration on how they fired Jairo. Where I think he went wrong is escalating the situation into an illegal strike.
Why didn't you call the IBT for help? Why did those poor members and their families have to suffer and wait so long. It had to be a very stressful and horrible ordeal. I really feel for them. How could you prolong that? You knowing you were going to run for IBT president shouldn't have affected your members. Thank God hall came in and ended it. I thank God for brother Hall.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I think he was hiding in a fox hole with a bunch of take out somewhere thinking about how this was going to screw up his bigger plans for the whole country.
Where did I hear that bigger plans for the whole country thing......that right Tim s said that when he was talking about the black guys and clowns in his local.......I just call them teamsters but Tim s entitled to his opinion

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Where did I hear that bigger plans for the whole country thing......that right Tim s said that when he was talking about the black guys and clowns in his local.......I just call them teamsters but Tim s entitled to his opinion
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436111798.305895.jpg

But he doesn't mention the careers of 250 members. But way to be selfish Tim! Tim always says,"It's the members who put me here, it's the members I serve." But he leaves out the part on how the members are just a stepping stone to the picture above.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Tim always says,"It's the members who put me here, it's the members I serve."

I would hope he remembers the "oath of office" he took.

It's in the IBT constitution, and every Locals bylaws.

"I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/IBT-Constitution-2011.pdf

Being able to regurgitate it, is not that impressive.

Unless.... you put it to use.

But he leaves out the part on how the members are just a stepping stone to the picture above.

Funny, I can't find the part.... about calling the members clowns.

Any help ??

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.