Union Question

ThePackageDeli

If your route is not in on Monday's, or a driver with more seniority bumps you off your route on Monday's because their route is not in, are you allowed to stay home without getting an occurrence?

JustDeliverIt

If your route is not in on Monday's, or a driver with more seniority bumps you off your route on Monday's because their route is not in, are you allowed to stay home without getting an occurrence?

You cannot be bumped off your bid route, even if the other driver has more seniority. It’s your bid.

And you can always demand your 8 hours for your regularly scheduled work day.

Manifesto

You cannot be bumped off your bid route, even if the other driver has more seniority. It’s your bid.

And you can always demand your 8 hours for your regularly scheduled work day.
That isn't true. Another driver whose route has been cut can follow their work and bump a lower seniority driver. I've been on both ends of that deal before.

ManInBrown

What local are you in? If the bid route is yours, a driver with more seniority should not be allowed to bump you off your route. They can bump cover drivers, who are covering another drivers route. They can’t bump bid drivers off their own route, just bc their route was cut. That’s not your problem. That’s a weird local if that’s allowed.

What'dyabringmetoday???

What local are you in? If the bid route is yours, a driver with more seniority should not be allowed to bump you off your route. They can bump cover drivers, who are covering another drivers route. They can’t bump bid drivers off their own route, just bc their route was cut. That’s not your problem. That’s a weird local if that’s allowed.
I wonder if it works the same way everywhere across the country...

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If over 50% you can follow your route.

Up In Smoke

Our standard is if your route is a two way split, you can bump into the route that got the greater portion of delivery work. If your work was split into more than 2, you can follow any portion. Only delivery stops count towards the portions and of course you must have the seniority to bump.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So a lower seniority driver could work before a higher seniority driver
Nope that’s not what seniority is about

ManInBrown

If over 50% you can follow your route.
Yes, but the OP said nothing about this drivers work going on his bid route. He just said a higher seniority driver was bumping him because that drivers route was cut. You can’t bump a bid driver because your route got cut. You can bump another cover driver.

JustDeliverIt

That isn't true. Another driver whose route has been cut can follow their work and bump a lower seniority driver. I've been on both ends of that deal before.

Must be different in each local/supplements. Here, a higher seniority driver cannot bump a lower seniority driver if the route is cut and combined. Happens every Monday here.

You have a loop with A, B, C & D routes. Seniority has its pick every 2 years when we bid. If you pick 1D, and every Monday they only run 1A & 1B, you had the opportunity to bid that route first. You can take a layoff or demand your 8 and be put wherever.

Again, that’s how it is here. I happen to have the A route in my loop and are the lowest seniority. I work every Monday on my route while other drivers bounce around.

Manifesto

Must be different in each local/supplements. Here, a higher seniority driver cannot bump a lower seniority driver if the route is cut and combined. Happens every Monday here.

You have a loop with A, B, C & D routes. Seniority has its pick every 2 years when we bid. If you pick 1D, and every Monday they only run 1A & 1B, you had the opportunity to bid that route first. You can take a layoff or demand your 8 and be put wherever.

Again, that’s how it is here. I happen to have the A route in my loop and are the lowest seniority. I work every Monday on my route while other drivers bounce around.
We have lifetime bids here so clearly different.