Union questions

So i’m part of the union now. what exactly does it do for me? i’m confused on it and sups don’t have time to talk about it.
If you are PT it means you have a minimum wage job with no benefits. Ft means you have a $20/hr job with no OT protection working 6 days a week. At the same time your co workers are making $39/hr and taking the week ends off.

JJinVA

If you are PT it means you have a minimum wage job with no benefits. Ft means you have a $20/hr job with no OT protection working 6 days a week. At the same time your co workers are making $39/hr and taking the week ends off.
PT gets excellent bennies, and a pension. Your lack of information is astounding. The only ppl who dont get the same bennies are the supervisors. They pay for their own healthcare etc.

So i’m part of the union now. what exactly does it do for me? i’m confused on it and sups don’t have time to talk about it.

Basically being in the union is SUPPOSED to translate to you having someone in your corner in the event that management gets out of line. You have representation in the company. Its like an internal attorney in a way. However, if you do your job as reasonably instructed, you shouldnt have MANY problems. Its usually the ones who arent worth a d--- who lean on the union the hardest for obvious reasons. They'd be sh--canned without them. If you feel like youre being harrassed or unfairly treated, again, reasonably, then you would go tell your union steward, not the management.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

One thing it means is you can take your dues receipt down to Burger King show it to them and they’ll give you a free whopper

You can do this once a month

PT gets excellent bennies, and a pension. Your lack of information is astounding. The only ppl who dont get the same bennies are the supervisors. They pay for their own healthcare etc.

Basically being in the union is SUPPOSED to translate to you having someone in your corner in the event that management gets out of line. You have representation in the company. Its like an internal attorney in a way. However, if you do your job as reasonably instructed, you shouldnt have MANY problems. Its usually the ones who arent worth a d--- who lean on the union the hardest for obvious reasons. They'd be sh--canned without them. If you feel like youre being harrassed or unfairly treated, again, reasonably, then you would go tell your union steward, not the management.
Health care benefits take 9 months to go into effect while other benefits take a year while trying to get by on McDonald wages. Don't forget to pay your Union dues and initiation fees. Unless you live in a Republican controlled Right to Work state.

Johnny2001

Ah i get it, most of you guys on here are just a bunch of A-Holes sitting on the toilet on company time, when, (I’m guessing most of you are drivers) you should be out delivering them packages, and then go home to your Nagging wife that clearly wants a divorce in about 8 months if they already haven’t divorced you yet due to your pissy attitudes. No common courtesy for the people that are new to UPS. Thanks to the ones that helped. I’m fresh out of high school and found UPS to be a okay start to a career, considering at 14,15,16 and 17 i was working in a coal mine for my grandfather in Thomas, WV. so far, I like UPS and they do treat me fair there.

JJinVA

Ah i get it, most of you guys on here are just a bunch of *s, No common courtesy for the people that are new to high school. Thanks to the ones that helped. I’m fresh out of high school and found UPS to be a okay start to a career, and so far, I like it.
It is true, what you have heard.

Most people here are full blown penises, both online, and in the real world. Pleasure to have you with us

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Ah i get it, most of you guys on here are just a bunch of *s, No common courtesy for the people that are new to high school. Thanks to the ones that helped. I’m fresh out of high school and found UPS to be a okay start to a career, and so far, I like it.
Keep at it, it's worth it in the long run, especially if you're near an airport cause those hubs are careers

542thruNthru

Ah i get it, most of you guys on here are just a bunch of A-Holes sitting on the toilet on company time, when, (I’m guessing most of you are drivers) you should be out delivering them packages, and then go home to your Nagging wife that clearly wants a divorce in about 8 months if they already haven’t divorced you yet due to your pissy attitudes. No common courtesy for the people that are new to UPS. Thanks to the ones that helped. I’m fresh out of high school and found UPS to be a okay start to a career, considering at 14,15,16 and 17 i was working in a coal mine for my grandfather in Thomas, WV. so far, I like UPS and they do treat me fair there.
Whoa whoa whoa Sunshine relax, take a deep breath.

Piece of advice. You might want to grow some thick skin because UPS is going to treat you much worse than you'll ever be treated here.

The union protects your job and negotiates with the company on your behalf. Things like wages, pension, health benefits and working conditions. That's why you pay union dues.

possibleparrot381

See now you get it! This forum sucks but their are some good people here. Reddit is better though.

possibleparrot381

Whoa whoa whoa Sunshine relax, take a deep breath.

Piece of advice. You might want to grow some thick skin because UPS is going to treat you much worse than you'll ever be treated here.

The union protects your job and negotiates with the company on your behalf. Things like wages, pension, health benefits and working conditions. That's why you pay union dues.
The only people who need "protection" are the lazy bums who should be fired. Maybe I'll change my mind once I start getting benefits but for now I think I'll stay out of it because I've never given anyone a reason to fire me. Supervisor seem okay.