Union questions

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Does anyone know why part time vacation weeks are 20 hours and the option week is 25 hours, seems it should be the opposite

jada miller

Does anyone by chance have a number for what they are calling "exception ground packages" the amount of ground someone picks up before they say we have to pay ground?
1 packages doesn't count I guess

rod

Retired 22 years
PT gets excellent bennies, and a pension. Your lack of information is astounding. The only ppl who dont get the same bennies are the supervisors. They pay for their own healthcare etc.
Give him a break--he's only been there for 45 years

jada miller

1 pkg, and you get ground pay, at my center.
That's what I've always gone by. But we got a new center manager an know they including the union are saying if I have a few packages (exception packages) I'm yo pick them up without ground pay. Like today I picked up 80 pkgs & 57 of them are ground. They said no ground pay because theses are exception pkgs.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's what I've always gone by. But we got a new center manager an know they including the union are saying if I have a few packages (exception packages) I'm yo pick them up without ground pay. Like today I picked up 80 pkgs & 57 of them are ground. They said no ground pay because theses are exception pkgs.

Grieve it that’s an easy win

PT Car Washer

PM letter box pick up air drivers are told all of the ground packages in the letter boxes are exception packages and not eligible for ground pay. Most air letter box routes you pick up way more ground packages than air. Been grieved and lost.

jada miller

PM letter box pick up air drivers are told all of the ground packages in the letter boxes are exception packages and not eligible for ground pay. Most air letter box routes you pick up way more ground packages than air. Been grieved and lost.
That's what I was just told. They changed my route because of the ground. But know I have even more ground than before. They said if it's inside the box it's an exception but anything outside the box not to touch.
That's what I've been told. They changed my hours & my route I've been on for 3 yrs because of the ground. But this new rout has more ground than I had before. They said anything inside a box is an exception but anything outside the box I'm not to touch. If I grieve it they said they will knock me down to the minimum hours aloud and write me up. The union, well I'm better off on my own.
This is bs, don't pickup ground because they won't pay us for it. Change the route for more ground an write me if if I don't pick it up.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Don’t go to sups for anything. I had to learn this the hardway. Get your shop steward phone number. Read your union book and know your rights.

cachmeifucan

Ah i get it, most of you guys on here are just a bunch of A-Holes sitting on the toilet on company time, when, (I’m guessing most of you are drivers) you should be out delivering them packages, and then go home to your Nagging wife that clearly wants a divorce in about 8 months if they already haven’t divorced you yet due to your pissy attitudes. No common courtesy for the people that are new to UPS. Thanks to the ones that helped. I’m fresh out of high school and found UPS to be a okay start to a career, considering at 14,15,16 and 17 i was working in a coal mine for my grandfather in Thomas, WV. so far, I like UPS and they do treat me fair there.
Go driving package car or the big trailers. No money in staying pt. Good luck. Its mostly good guys on here they give everyone a hard time. We been here awhile and hear some silly questions. Never know when one of the asswholees can actually help you.