Union refund?

UPSGUY72

I became a pt sup pretty much 3 days after my 40. Someone told me I could get a refund on my union dues, since I paid 13 bucks every check and I was never in the union. Is it true?

Still wet behind the ears I see. Didn't the red flashing lights go off when they asked you to be a PT SUP with so little time with the company ????

As far as get your dues and initiation fees back good luck. You made it through your probation period and you where not hired during the no making seniority period.... Chalk this up to a learning experience for the next job you get in the next couple of months PT SUP at UPS come and go like night and day....

S

selfcancelsignal

Again, in the words of the late great Ted Knight... "YOU'LL GET NOTHING & LIKE IT!!!"

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Ballsy way to start as a sup. Maybe instead of asking for your money back you just move on to your new gig and don't start off on a bad foot.

Sent using BrownCafe App

CACH117

I haven't asked for it back. I was wondering if it was true since someone one told me that's what they did when they became one. I was perfectly capable of doing my job as a loader, so it's not that after 43 working days I realized I wasn't capable of doing the job, but that on day one I realized id rather spend my three years here making as much as I could. Yes a loader has better benefits and a higher pay ceiling than a pt sup, and yes it is the easier job to perform overall, but I won't be at UPS long enough to take advantage of any of them. So tell me jaker in your infinite wisdom, why would I spend the 3 years until the crcp isn't beneficial to me earning 150 dollar paychecks when for the same I could be earning 500 dollar paychecks? I also see how supervisors are treated, both by upper management as well as union employees, but I don't mind. I can take the yelling, and I can handle the occasionally lazy employee using the union as a crutch, as long as I keep getting my school paid, I'll be fine.

jaker

trolling
I will tell you , because you are not seeing the future like you think

You might not plan to be here for over 3 years , but you don't have total control over life and the things it does

PT sup pay is really only good for the first or so year compare to a hourly pay , you also have less responsibility and less crap to hear or deal with from management when you are hourly

I know it sounds good right now to you but I hope you stay around and tell us how you feel in a year or two about being a sup

By The Book

I haven't asked for it back. I was wondering if it was true since someone one told me that's what they did when they became one. I was perfectly capable of doing my job as a loader, so it's not that after 43 working days I realized I wasn't capable of doing the job, but that on day one I realized id rather spend my three years here making as much as I could. Yes a loader has better benefits and a higher pay ceiling than a pt sup, and yes it is the easier job to perform overall, but I won't be at UPS long enough to take advantage of any of them. So tell me jaker in your infinite wisdom, why would I spend the 3 years until the crcp isn't beneficial to me earning 150 dollar paychecks when for the same I could be earning 500 dollar paychecks? I also see how supervisors are treated, both by upper management as well as union employees, but I don't mind. I can take the yelling, and I can handle the occasionally lazy employee using the union as a crutch, as long as I keep getting my school paid, I'll be fine.
Just do something already!

UPSGUY72

Good luck getting a good paying job after college.... Do the research.....Most college graduates don't get good pay jobs or even jobs in there degree field.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good luck getting a good paying job after college.... Do the research.....Most college graduates don't get good pay jobs or even jobs in there degree field.

My son starts his new job 9/2. $55K plus full benefits to start. $70K + after his 3 yr training program.

Resident know-it-all.

CACH117

I have done the research, 22% increase through 2020 as a software engineer. I wrote a paper on it for an assignment in class. And you're right, I can't control the future and unexpected things do happen, but I can plan for it. What I can control is where I work. I left a job that paid 12 an hour doing absolutely nothing but sitting in an air conditioned room and talking to co workers to work at UPS solely because of the CRCP. Once that isn't beneficial I can control whether I want to leave. I have no kids, I'm not married, I only have to support myself. I'll come back after a year and tell you what I think and I'll come back after three and so my good byes as I leave.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

My son starts his new job 9/2. $55K plus full benefits to start. $70K + after his 3 yr training program.

Resident know-it-all.
He's an exception, not the rule.

I'll have 120,000 I'm debt from a top institution in my field. My first year pay? 12,000.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownBuckaroo

Boxy Lady
46975.jpg
meep! meep!

_Mayday_

Yes Really
Nothing like a person with 40 days of experience becoming a supervisor.

I'm curious what the magic number is for time put in as an hourly before it isn't a joke for the person to become a sup? For all we know CACH117 has previous experience as a supervisor and after 40 days you won't be an old school expert but you'll know the methods and obviously have demonstrated them well enough to be promoted.

ArcherUTR

I'm curious what the magic number is for time put in as an hourly before it isn't a joke for the person to become a sup? For all we know CACH117 has previous experience as a supervisor and after 40 days you won't be an old school expert but you'll know the methods and obviously have demonstrated them well enough to be promoted.

In addition, in a large metropolitan hub, most of the people you are supervising unfortunately are pretty stupid. Not everyone of course, but most and they don't really care all that much.