Union steward and boss relationship

BrownTexas

No you don't. As you said some guys don't mind getting called in. No where does it state you have to come in, you can if you want.

Management needs to get their staffing proper, it's not our job. Ups needs to know the night before how scheduling is looking, plan for call ins, and if those call ins don't happen the cover guys can still work if they want and a senior guy can take a sch off. That's how it's supposed to work.

I can tell you have never been a cover driver.... It's the worst. Pt pension credit, treated like crap and you get used and abused. It gets old.

If a driver lives 45 minutes from the hub do u think it's fair they wake up every morning, Shave, get dressed, sit by the phone and wait.... Just to not have to work, and than they still have to report to their regular sort.... It's not cool and ruins your sleep and daily life
I like you more and more throughout this conversation faceplanted. If you cover on Monday, and they don't tell you anything about Tuesday before you clock out, assume you are to cover Tuesday. If they have no work for you, ask for your guaranteed 8 and file if they don't give it to you. I've won that every time. They then knew if they saw me show up in Browns that they needed to find me something to drive and I did.

Inthegame

You're under the Central Supplement. You should read Art 3 Section 18 (which refers to Art 12 Sec 1 that covers the guarantee Brown Texas speaks of), and Art 3 Section 19 sub (friend). "in accordance with local seniority practice for work opportunities". That could trip you up. Unless other posters know your local practices, and considering your distrust of he/she steward, you need to have this discussion with your local union BA.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
you are probbly right. sometimes its best to go with your gut feeling.
image.jpeg

22.34life

Honestly you should know YOUR contract. You should be able to defend and stand up for yourself without a steward there. Most of the time he is there just as a witness.

Side note. I am not saying don't get your rep when an issues comes up but mearly pointing out you should be able to defend yourself.
As a steward this is what I try to make people understand all the time.

unomas

at my center we do not have a center manager at the moment but we have a sup in charge of the center and from what i've heard he is trying to get the center manager position. now there had been 2 accidents in the building already and he has told the drivers that had the accidents not to say anything to anyone but since we drivers are like a family we just dont care and we spread the word. the sup in charge told them not to say anything and to delete the pictures they had taken to get rid of all evidence possible and he did this with help from the manager we had before and everyone in the management team are involved in it. now will the union do anything if we report them?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
at my center we do not have a center manager at the moment but we have a sup in charge of the center and from what i've heard he is trying to get the center manager position. now there had been 2 accidents in the building already and he has told the drivers that had the accidents not to say anything to anyone but since we drivers are like a family we just dont care and we spread the word. the sup in charge told them not to say anything and to delete the pictures they had taken to get rid of all evidence possible and he did this with help from the manager we had before and everyone in the management team are involved in it. now will the union do anything if we report them?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1461500704.579451.jpg

Butters243

My local is having a steward election this week and I have a question. First of all, let me give the scenario. In my opinion, our current committee man is a brown nose, back stabbing, kiss ass that only wants the position for his own personal gain. Somehow he arranged to ask the current steward to step down. The steward agreed because he feels he's not wanted. I think most drivers would disagree but he stepped down anyway. My question is this : If the brown noser loses the steward election, do we also vote for a new committee man or does he remain in that position?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So at the center where I work we are all wondering about our sup and the steward both are single and we think something is going on the steward is getting almost every Friday off but he/she is still scheduled to work. Is there a way to petition the steward out? And also she/he literally never defends us anymore he/she basically always agrees with the sup on everything. Like for example. As a cover driver you are on call and should be called in a hour before the shift. will a cd got a call like 20min before start time to cover that stewards route but they couldn't because of late notice and received threats about it....?

So what you are really mad about is that you have to work on a friday......and all five days of the week. OMG what is happening to the work force. I am pretty sure when you got hired for the job you were told it was five days a week not 3-4. We are literally giving away money and you cry about having to work. Next week plan on working all five days, it will be easier for you.

So what you are really mad about is that you have to work on a friday......and all five days of the week. OMG what is happening to the work force. I am pretty sure when you got hired for the job you were told it was five days a week not 3-4. We are literally giving away money and you cry about having to work. Next week plan on working all five days, it will be easier for you.
Thanks for the morning laugh
Almost spit out my coffee.