Union to UPS: Hire help

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Union to UPS: Hire help - 10 WJAR

Online orders are through the roof during this pandemic, almost literally at the UPS distribution center in Warwick.

According to workers there, 136,000 packages have piled up and staff can't keep up with demand.

"There's probably 46 to 50 trailers sitting in the yard that haven't even been tapped into yet," said Matt Maini, a business agent for Teamsters Local 251.

Many of those deliveries to homes and businesses are late. Customers are showing their frustration.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
With 150k rolled packages and a news article do reports really matter at this point?
IDK about parts of the country but, here if you EC something, it shows in tracking as an adverse weather event. How do you explain to your receivers why their stuff had an adverse weather anomaly when it's 90º+ and there isn't a weather event near there for thousands of miles.

11.19igrad

They should set up tents, organize "routes" and tell people to come get their :censored2:. People recieve a " package car name" that's the tent they go too and the packages are organized alphabetically by street or last name. Something along these lines. Maybe a dumb idea.. I'll know soon enough on here lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They should set up tents, organize "routes" and tell people to come get their :censored2:. People recieve a " package car name" that's the tent they go too and the packages are organized alphabetically by street or last name. Something along these lines. Maybe a dumb idea.. I'll know soon enough on here lol

Yeah, they'll set up tents in the parking spots. Getting to work is our problem.

Over70irregs

IDK about parts of the country but, here if you EC something, it shows in tracking as an adverse weather event. How do you explain to your receivers why their stuff had an adverse weather anomaly when it's 90º+ and there isn't a weather event near there for thousands of miles.
Does your center say “ leave undelivered brought backs in vehicle”? Do not sheet as missed.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
We already have that here, it’s called the customer counter. A gentleman of @Turdferguson ’s ilk heads up the operation.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Does your center say “ leave undelivered brought backs in vehicle”? Do not sheet as missed.
I haven't used missed by choice in a few years. They always have some creative way to lie about the failure. EC, NI, Future, NSP but never a miss.

There was this one time recently where they got my heart racing by having me sheet a pkg as missed because it was a miss load, and there was no way it would get delivered AT ALL that day. I'm not talking about racing like being scared or pumped on adrenaline, I'm talking the kind of heart racing like when you meet the girl (or guy) of your dreams and you are getting ready to bump fuzzies.

Having management send you a message on the board to miss something is what dreams are made of!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I haven't used missed by choice in a few years. They always have some creative way to lie about the failure. EC, NI, Future, NSP but never a miss.

There was this one time recently where they got my heart racing by having me sheet a pkg as missed because it was a miss load, and there was no way it would get delivered AT ALL that day. I'm not talking about racing like being scared or pumped on adrenaline, I'm talking the kind of heart racing like when you meet the girl (or guy) of your dreams and you are getting ready to bump fuzzies.

Having management send you a message on the board to miss something is what dreams are made of!

whenever they would try and have me do some creative sheeting such as ec on a clear day or ni1 when no attempt was made
I would send a diad message “need those instructions in writing”

pretty soon I would gat a message “sheet as missed”