United Parcel Service : UPS Lifts Ban on Beards in Diversity Push

ski or die

Ski or Die
There goes the neighborhood.
The length of a person's hair or having a beard does not relate to the quality of person or work he performs. The same for the color of a person's skin does not mean he or she are not worthy of working or living in our neighborhoods. My neighborhood is a very diverse multi-cultural. We consider all of us equal and help each other out. Beards or nationalities have nothing to do with the what kind of a person they are.

ski or die

Ski or Die
This otta be good. I can picture a contest between UPS drivers and FedEx ground guys to see who can look the most "homeless".
Just because of a person's appearance does not qualify them to appear homeless. People that are homeless may have had some very difficult situations occur in there life, especially with what has happened this year and many people losing their jobs.

ski or die

Ski or Die
the ups culture continues to deteriorate .........what will be the next concession from management ?.......
Management listened to employees concerns and worked with them on this issue. So management by actually conceding on an issue for hourly does not sit well with you. I hope you are not on the next committee discussing the next contract.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just because of a person's appearance does not qualify them to appear homeless. People that are homeless may have had some very difficult situations occur in there life, especially with what has happened this year and many people losing their jobs.
Wrong O buck O. face it. UPS drivers get sweaty and dirty during the day (at least a lot of them do ) so you add in a raggity beard and BINGO--Homeless looking.

rod

Retired 22 years
The length of a person's hair or having a beard does not relate to the quality of person or work he performs. The same for the color of a person's skin does not mean he or she are not worthy of working or living in our neighborhoods. My neighborhood is a very diverse multi-cultural. We consider all of us equal and help each other out. Beards or nationalities have nothing to do with the what kind of a person they are.
I never said a beard would make a person lazy. I said a raggity beard makes a person look questionable. ---and why are you insisting on turning this into a Race thing?

wilberforce15

Boy, a woke outsider woman gets rid of the last vestige of appearance standards in the name of diversity.

Who would have ever guessed?

(If you guessed it in advance, you're a bigot. If you don't like it now, you're a bigot).

wilberforce15

I'm sure if Jim Casey wasn't dead he would have dropped dead after seeing this
And most UPSers would applaud Casey being dead and gone.

I've been told numerous times that we should not celebrate Founders Day because the founders were obviously racist. They're dead and white. So, screw them.

Founders Day will become a diversity celebration. Give it a few years. Or one year.

And most UPSers would applaud Casey being dead and gone.

I've been told numerous times that we should not celebrate Founders Day because the founders were obviously racist. They're dead and white. So, screw them.

Founders Day will become a diversity celebration. Give it a few years. Or one year.
Yes let's turn the company into a joke and get away from it's core values.

Absolutely :censored2:ing unbelievable