United Way force donations coming soon for 2011.

browned out

I gave every year for as long as I can remember. I have 20 years at UPS. I gave this year and it will be my last giving. We own a business and give alot to local charities, schools, and the help the so and so family with cancer, or the main income provider of the family died and so on.

I feel it is better to give on your own than thru UPS.

UPSSOCKS

Many of the drivers give to their church or other groups.
Full time managers are forced to give and I saw their contribution sheets. All were the same amount and based on a specific number or %.

No one should ever be forced or required to give. It is no longer a donation if forced or required.

Did you see the sheets?? When??

E

eli1mxm

Yeah and I'm pretty sure the people receving the UW assistance don't care where it comes from or how they got it. Listen pal, make a one time doantion of $800 and be done with it.
The U.W iam sure does good things but nobody should be told how to spend there money and i surely donot need to be theatened by mgmt or guilted into giving if i want to give its my chose thats it oh and by the way upssocks if people receving the benifit dont care where it comes from then they themselves donot deserve my donation.

E

eli1mxm

That is a lie.. Do you realize that we all work for UPS too? Do you realize that you are saying 80% of your donation goes to administrative fees?
Your calling me a liar you dont even know me.I dont B.S. anybody it is the truth when i called the ronald mcdonald house they where only getting $2.00 a week from my donation where is the rest?
A SIX FIGURE SALARY FOR THE C.E.O OF A NOT FOR PROFIT ORG THATS JUST RIDICULOUS.

UPSSOCKS

Your calling me a liar you dont even know me.I dont B.S. anybody it is the truth when i called the ronald mcdonald house they where only getting $2.00 a week from my donation where is the rest?
A SIX FIGURE SALARY FOR THE C.E.O OF A NOT FOR PROFIT ORG THATS JUST RIDICULOUS.

Oh I know you. I see people like you all the time. So you really called Ronald McDonald's house??? Who answered the phone?

E

eli1mxm

Oh I know you. I see people like you all the time. So you really called Ronald McDonald's house??? Who answered the phone?
Why does it matter who answered the phone do you know all the people who work there? You better belive i called you think i am going to trust my money with U.P.S.Thats why i just donate the money right to the charity i choose cut the middleman out

E

eli1mxm

Judging by your grammar and spelling.. I am willing to bet you might be a receiving some United Way assistance. Come on everyone designate your donation to eli1mxm.

I did'nt know we where being scored on our grammer on this site but ok no problem.The fact of the matter is everyone should give to the charity that they choose, and not feel pressured or intimidated.Mgmt only cares about the number not what the cause stands for.Upssocks maybe you can apply for a donation to get your self out of your moms basement.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I did'nt know we where being scored on our grammer on this site but ok no problem.The fact of the matter is everyone should give to the charity that they choose, and not feel pressured or intimidated.Mgmt only cares about the number not what the cause stands for.Upssocks maybe you can apply for a donation to get your self out of your moms basement.
Ha Ha Ha, I can totally picture that.

P

pickup

your mama, She said the clown was still in the basement sleeping off a long night of playing video games . I confirmed this storie with the Grimace.

UPSSOCKS

Why does it matter who answered the phone do you know all the people who work there? You better belive i called you think i am going to trust my money with U.P.S.Thats why i just donate the money right to the charity i choose cut the middleman out

Should I??? It's way too easy...

E

eli1mxm

Should I??? It's way too easy...
Upssocks say what you want to say I can take it I'am not afraid of a little construtive criticism I listen to enough B.S all day anything you got to say is not going to surprise me.To all the people on this thread you should give because you want to do something nice for someone in need, not be threatened, and not be strong armed into making a number!

UPSSOCKS

Upssocks say what you want to say I can take it I'am not afraid of a little construtive criticism I listen to enough B.S all day anything you got to say is not going to surprise me.To all the people on this thread you should give because you want to do something nice for someone in need, not be threatened, and not be strong armed into making a number!

Not bad son, you get a free pass... for today

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Your Story went from:

"They still know what is given. I've seen the report. I've also seen and heard of people being required to report their donation amount this year."

To This:

Fracus you are slipping. You are losing track. Are we really way off goal?? How do you know?? Was that on this infamous report that you saw? I'm not sure if I follow you. In one instance you said "I've seen the report." On another occasion you heard someone say they had access to see the amounts. Lastly you apparently saw this "report" from a distance, but you are going to try to get a closer look.

this point i must correct you on. in my divison there is only one person that has the reporting filters built into his united way ID. the divison manager. As the uw administrator in my operation I have his acess rights and I can generate the report. He can see who gave, who did not give and who the leadership givers are. He the divison manager can not see the amounts given. Any reports you are seeing this year with amounts are home generated off of the information on the cards.

if you give online they can not tell how muc'h you gave. they can tell if your on the leadership list or not.

OK Tie and Socks,
Last Thursday ( must be report day) I confirmed what I said earlier. They can tell what you give. The report does not list the amount given, however various reports can be produced using specified criteria. A report can be made showing all contributers by name that gave between any two amounts. If someone wanted a report showing all contributers that contributed between $0 and $1 or $50 and $75 or $750 and $1000 or any two amounts it's possible.

As far as being way off the total goal, thats common knowledge.

Socks probably won't know. Tie should be able to confirm.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
OK Tie and Socks,
Last Thursday ( must be report day) I confirmed what I said earlier. They can tell what you give. The report does not list the amount given, however various reports can be produced using specified criteria. A report can be made showing all contributers by name that gave between any two amounts. If someone wanted a report showing all contributers that contributed between $0 and $1 or $50 and $75 or $750 and $1000 or any two amounts it's possible.

Divide and conquer?

UPSSOCKS

OK Tie and Socks,

Here you go making up Stories again... The report should not have $$$ signs on it, but it should tell what level has been achieved. The company wants to know who is leadership and above.... Those numbers you reported have no signifigance to the levels... So you are wrong again.. I would love to know where you come up with all your lies... I don't even like responding to you because I feel that is what you want. You wish to get information that is not accessible to you so you make up bogus posts and hope somoene will answer you. The company has always known who gives leadership. As for being off the goal.. Tell me the last year where it was common knowledge that we were on pace to meeting the goal, in August......... I bet you don't know, but you'll make something up......

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Your Story went from:

"They still know what is given. I've seen the report. I've also seen and heard of people being required to report their donation amount this year."

To This:

Fracus you are slipping. You are losing track. Are we really way off goal?? How do you know?? Was that on this infamous report that you saw? I'm not sure if I follow you. In one instance you said "I've seen the report." On another occasion you heard someone say they had access to see the amounts. Lastly you apparently saw this "report" from a distance, but you are going to try to get a closer look.

Here you go making up Stories again... The report should not have $$$ signs on it, but it should tell what level has been achieved. The company wants to know who is leadership and above.... Those numbers you reported have no signifigance to the levels... So you are wrong again.. I would love to know where you come up with all your lies... I don't even like responding to you because I feel that is what you want. You wish to get information that is not accessible to you so you make up bogus posts and hope somoene will answer you. The company has always known who gives leadership. As for being off the goal.. Tell me the last year where it was common knowledge that we were on pace to meeting the goal, in August......... I bet you don't know, but you'll make something up......

I knew you wouldn't have a clue. I didn't say the report had dollar numbers on it. The numbers I used are examples. Reports can be generated for ANY level of giving. I have no idea when the last year was that we were on pace in August.