United Way force donations coming soon for 2011.

tieguy

Banned
Give it up Tieguy, we know you like to support the unemployed community. (They are unemployed if they need help, right ) ?
Or don't have health insurance, because of unemployment.

Anyways, I hope you do know, a majority of your donations go to those unemployed.

Just a thought !

talking-out-your-ass-150x150.jpg

you start drinking a little early today?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
There is a sign posted in my center that says ALL United Way administrative fees are paid by UPS. 100% of your donation goes directly to those who need it.

Who is the author of the sign? I confirmed the amount received by the agency I designated funds to in 2008. 27% was taken for admin fees. The agency was a "write in" that didn't have a designation code. Apparently they take more if you designate to an agency that is not assigned a designation code.

jimstud

Banned
Who is the author of the sign? I confirmed the amount received by the agency I designated funds to in 2008. 27% was taken for admin fees. The agency was a "write in" that didn't have a designation code. Apparently they take more if you designate to an agency that is not assigned a designation code.
why would you believe anything written by ups management ?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Actually you are but..... Any decent person gives.. It just the right thing to do... Most employees aren't decent people.. Enough said..

Everyone in management fills out the neccessary paperwork to donate but they all don't neccessarily give.. See the form that management submits to donate can be retracted with a simple phone call... I knew a guy, a good friend of mine that would put a large amount on his donation form every year. After the forms were submitted he would call the United Way and cancel his donation before one deduction was made from his check. No one ever knew... He was an office hero.... This year all managers were to give their donation online... Probably because people like you said they were feeling pressure. Now no one will know what anyone gives..

They still know what is given. I've seen the report. I've also seen and heard of people being required to report their donation amount this year.

tieguy

Banned
They still know what is given. I've seen the report. I've also seen and heard of people being required to report their donation amount this year.

call the help line if they make you report what you gave. If you want to avoid a lot of hassle give online through the online link . they cant see your donation when you do that. All they can see is that you were a leadership giver or partiicipant.

unline giving is a great tool that will take another excuse away for not giving. We still have some creative cheapskates working for this company that will be sure to come up with more BS excuses.

jimstud

Banned
call the help line if they make you report what you gave. If you want to avoid a lot of hassle give online through the online link . they cant see your donation when you do that. All they can see is that you were a leadership giver or partiicipant.

unline giving is a great tool that will take another excuse away for not giving. We still have some creative cheapskates working for this company that will be sure to come up with more BS excuses.
you are still so arrogant because someone does not give to the charity of your choice they are cheap. well i think you are a cheap sob for not donating to the jimmy fund.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
you are still so arrogant because someone does not give to the charity of your choice they are cheap. well i think you are a cheap sob for not donating to the jimmy fund.

Jimmy Valvano was one of my favorite basketball coaches of all time. The V foundation is a good cause.

whiskey

I introduced the word CHEAP to this thread; I posted the response below in reference to using GUILT as a method of securing pledge money for the UW.

I used the word CHEAP in reference to my father-in-law.
It is his character and he is proud of it.

I posted out of anger and misdirected self-righteousness.

I did not and would never direct the word "cheap" at any of my co-workers.
Once again, I apologize for any misunderstanding in the BC community.

I'm sorry for pushing your buttons. This topic is very sensitive. And I was a bit out of line.
The joy is in giving.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Here we go Fracus Brown knows everything....

Sorry to offend you, but the change in company UW donation matching is 100% true. The current 15% method is posted on UPSers. You would have had to have been around for a few years to know how it was done before the change. Of course it wasn't publicized as it resulted in a lower contribution by the company at the same time they were pushing for increased contribution by employees.

If find it hard to understand why the self proclaimed "Boss" constantly attempts to deflect from the topic and attack the poster. I'd think the "boss" should be able to back up the facts, rather than dispute them and make oneself appear uninformed.

I'd love to see you (or anyone else) present something factual that nullifies or disproves what I post.

Same applies the supposed confidentiality of on-line contributions. There are reports that show each contribution, but it's not available to most people (even the "boss"). That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Ask your district coodinator before you make yourself look foolish.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You better print that out, and show your sups... so they don't haunt you !

Klein, as much as this hurts to admit, and it hurts quite a bit, YOU WERE RIGHT!! Thursday morning my center manager asked me for a minute of my time to complete my UW pledge. When I told him that I had pledged online he told me that they had been having problems with the online pledges. I asked him if he would like a printed receipt of my pledge and he said yes so I went to my locker and got it for him. He said he would staple that to my pledge form and turn it in with the others. If there does end up being a problem with the online pledge I will simply fill out the paper one but I don't want to have two weekly UW deductions from my check which my center manager agreed with.

KLEIN WAS RIGHT!! I think we should at least mark the date and time as I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

UPSSOCKS

This is a blatant lie!!!!!! You have not seen any such report...... You are a fraud... This comment says it all... You should of just typed..

"Hi I'm Fracus Brown, and I make stuff up"

tieguy

Banned
Same applies the supposed confidentiality of on-line contributions. There are reports that show each contribution, but it's not available to most people (even the "boss"). That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Ask your district coodinator before you make yourself look foolish.

this point i must correct you on. in my divison there is only one person that has the reporting filters built into his united way ID. the divison manager. As the uw administrator in my operation I have his acess rights and I can generate the report. He can see who gave, who did not give and who the leadership givers are. He the divison manager can not see the amounts given. Any reports you are seeing this year with amounts are home generated off of the information on the cards.

if you give online they can not tell how muc'h you gave. they can tell if your on the leadership list or not.

tieguy

Banned
Klein, as much as this hurts to admit, and it hurts quite a bit, YOU WERE RIGHT!! Thursday morning my center manager asked me for a minute of my time to complete my UW pledge. When I told him that I had pledged online he told me that they had been having problems with the online pledges. I asked him if he would like a printed receipt of my pledge and he said yes so I went to my locker and got it for him. He said he would staple that to my pledge form and turn it in with the others. If there does end up being a problem with the online pledge I will simply fill out the paper one but I don't want to have two weekly UW deductions from my check which my center manager agreed with.

KLEIN WAS RIGHT!! I think we should at least mark the date and time as I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

We had problems before july 15 with anyone that tried to start early. If that happens again just go back online and check it.

tieguy

Banned
This is a blatant lie!!!!!! You have not seen any such report...... You are a fraud... This comment says it all... You should of just typed..

"Hi I'm Fracus Brown, and I make stuff up"

He's probably seeing a center generated report from the cards and online reciepts turned in.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
this point i must correct you on. in my division there is only one person that has the reporting filters built into his united way ID. the division manager. As the uw administrator in my operation I have his asses rights and I can generate the report. He can see who gave, who did not give and who the leadership givers are. He the division manager can not see the amounts given. Any reports you are seeing this year with amounts are home generated off of the information on the cards.

if you give online they can not tell how muc'h you gave. they can tell if your on the leadership list or not.

I'll see if I can get a closer look. I heard the person (division coordinator) say "now I have access to see the amounts" and I saw the report from a distance. Might have been a ploy to pressure people by making them believe they knew the amount given. They are way off the goal. We'll see soon. The operations that are not making the goal will begin to be pressured soon.