United Way force donations coming soon for 2011.

mech1

I`m beginning to think that mech1 is Klein's second personality breaking through. The hostile angry one that counteracts the one desperate for someones love.[/QUOTEWhats the matter cachsux to challanging,or you just don't like people that tell you like it is.

tieguy

Banned
Okay now I am am confused. What are you asking is it if my reason to donate is related to my not supporting them or the fact that we are being forced to?

If that is the question, it is a little bit of both.

if you're not supporting them then you're not giving.

could you tell us the method of being forced to give. What threats are you given?

Toshiro Hitsugaya

if you're not supporting them then you're not giving.

could you tell us the method of being forced to give. What threats are you given?

Well in my hub,we had one hub manager that told us that if we did not donate it could mean termination, now albeit even if it is an empty threat and definitely opens the door to wrongful termination suits, thats just wrong. This one particular Hub manager even had us tell new hourlies who did not know better the same thing it is apart of the contract and agreement for employment. The Hub Manager before that said basically the same thing but not as direct.

This year I do not know how things are going to go due to the fact we turn Hub Managers like we turn trailers, heck in the past 9 months alone we have had 3 DMs as well as Hub Managers with one of those Hub Managers doing a second tour in my hub just to get transferred 3 months later.

Just for stats, according to the flyer going out this year UPSers donated $48 million, while UPS as a company only matched $7 million of that for the 2009-2010 campaign

tieguy

Banned
Well in my hub,we had one hub manager that told us that if we did not donate it could mean termination, now albeit even if it is an empty threat and definitely opens the door to wrongful termination suits, thats just wrong. This one particular Hub manager even had us tell new hourlies who did not know better the same thing it is apart of the contract and agreement for employment. The Hub Manager before that said basically the same thing but not as direct.

This year I do not know how things are going to go due to the fact we turn Hub Managers like we turn trailers, heck in the past 9 months alone we have had 3 DMs as well as Hub Managers with one of those Hub Managers doing a second tour in my hub just to get transferred 3 months later.

Just for stats, according to the flyer going out this year UPSers donated $48 million, while UPS as a company only matched $7 million of that for the 2009-2010 campaign

So a hub manager told you specifically that you would donate three dollars a week or be discharged?

hypocrisy

Banned
Tie you find that surprising? Managers in my area throw around the termination card like they do cigarette butts. I was just looking at a memo the other day that walking on belts will "be considered a cardinal sin and result in immediate termination". Hey just feel free to add any cardinal sins that you like there center manager!

My first 3 months at UPS I had to listen to a UW solicitor tell the whole night sort how he had 'one hard case' who refused to donate and was keeping that work group from being at 100% participation. He approached that drivers center manager and asked for help. He told the story of how the center manager signed the drivers name to the pledge card fulfilling the donation. I couldn't believe he was telling this serious breach of ethics to the entire night sort. I resolved there and then not to ever give a dime to UW and that was way before the Aramony scandal. I learned a lot about UW and UPS Management that day.
So thank your bretheren.

tieguy

Banned
Tie you find that surprising? Managers in my area throw around the termination card like they do cigarette butts. I was just looking at a memo the other day that walking on belts will "be considered a cardinal sin and result in immediate termination". Hey just feel free to add any cardinal sins that you like there center manager!

My first 3 months at UPS I had to listen to a UW solicitor tell the whole night sort how he had 'one hard case' who refused to donate and was keeping that work group from being at 100% participation. He approached that drivers center manager and asked for help. He told the story of how the center manager signed the drivers name to the pledge card fulfilling the donation. I couldn't believe he was telling this serious breach of ethics to the entire night sort. I resolved there and then not to ever give a dime to UW and that was way before the Aramony scandal. I learned a lot about UW and UPS Management that day.
So thank your bretheren.

crowbar you still have a beating on the other thread to deal with before you move on to your next one.

Toshiro Hitsugaya

So a hub manager told you specifically that you would donate three dollars a week or be discharged?

Yep, and its not the first time it has happened in my tenure with UPS.

So thank your bretheren.

Hmm walking on a moving belt, that is a no-brainer right there. Do you know how much is shelled out just to investigate an injury? Not counting if it goes further than that. maybe it is an empty threat in your hub, but every since I was an hourly we always took safety seriously, and I actually seen somebody get fired for climbing onto a moving "T-Belt"

You know the Union is not all Roses and Daisies either, especially in the auto industry. I thank your brethren for giving my shifters the opportunity to make $50 per hour.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yep, and its not the first time it has happened in my tenure with UPS.

Hmm walking on a moving belt, that is a no-brainer right there. Do you know how much is shelled out just to investigate an injury? Not counting if it goes further than that. maybe it is an empty threat in your hub, but every since I was an hourly we always took safety seriously, and I actually seen somebody get fired for climbing onto a moving "T-Belt"

You know the Union is not all Roses and Daisies either, especially in the auto industry. I thank your brethren for giving my shifters the opportunity to make $50 per hour.

:confused2:

tieguy

Banned

you realize there was a lot of movement the past 9 months due to the realignment?

Toshiro Hitsugaya

Yeah, I do realize that, we lost one DM due to a motorcycle accident, but before the whole restructuring thing they was moving our hub managers like crazy, and because of it the one manager who ended up coming back for a second tour became the manager for our twi and night sort. Ever since then we have had one manager do both sorts. This is going to be an interesting year for sure.

hypocrisy

Banned
you're the one caught.

Ah slander, how refreshing.
You're the one who is stealing company time playing on the internet. My charity could feed and clothe scores of families for a year on your salary.

Now we know what you're hiding from...

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
Ah slander, how refreshing.
You're the one who is stealing company time playing on the internet. My charity could feed and clothe scores of families for a year on your salary.

Now we know what you're hiding from...

you are trying to dance out of the corner you painted yourself into. If you actually had anything to back up your BS you would have produced by now. Instead you tried to come up with some rediculous dodge . I will now banish you to my ignore list. Have a nice life.

Last edited by a moderator: