United Way force donations coming soon for 2011.

klein

Für Meno :)
Sorry something about a 50 something year old unmarried canadian giving out cheap trinkets to cuban kids that gives me the willies.

That's just another thing you don't undertstand in giving, Tie.
You would never become a big brother, or ever be in the program of getting African children educated, food and a home , (you know all those commercials we all see, that it only costs $1 per day or less) ?

People can give where they pick and choose, if you don't like it, make sure you scratch out any options on the UW form to give to children, before you hand them over to the employees !

Besides all that, would you trust an 18 yr old adult with your young daughter, before a real grown up, that is nearly 50 ?

You're a joke Tie !

tieguy

Banned
That's just another thing you don't undertstand in giving, Tie.
You would never become a big brother, or ever be in the program of getting African children educated, food and a home , (you know all those commercials we all see, that it only costs $1 per day or less) ?

People can give where they pick and choose, if you don't like it, make sure you scratch out any options on the UW form to give to children, before you hand them over to the employees !

Besides all that, would you trust an 18 yr old adult with your young daughter, before a real grown up, that is nearly 50 ?

You're a joke Tie !

I'm sorry I was sitting there thinking what I would do if I was lounging by the pool with my kids and some foriegn old unattached guy in a speedo came up to me and started offering some cheap trinkets to my kids. You then sat down next to the family for hours while gestering at them? That must have been a sight. And you're teaching me about the spirit of giving? Dude if I wanted to create an image of a perv I don't know if I could have done better then what you did.

klein

Because, I was asking the adults if they had bambinos !!!!!
Most of my gifts I brought along were for kids (school supplies, toys, candy, nutella).

Yes, I know, it would look totally absurb to do that in the western world, USA, Canada, Europe, etc.
But, in a 3rd world country, it's totally different, when these kids have nothing ! Not even paper or a pencil to write on ! Or have never seen a gummi bear or probably never had a calculator.
Never tried the taste of nugget chocolate spread. (no need for me to go on)....

Too be honest with you, all that poorness really only kicked in, when I drove home from the Edmonton airport.
I started to cry, how bad some of them have it there.
I seen the housing they have on the busride to and from the resort.
It's not nice.
I had many thoughts to ask the bus driver to just stop, so I could hand over somne $5.00 bills to these poor folks.
It's sad, when you see it in real life.... !!! IT really is !

P

pickup

Most of my gifts I brought along were for kids (school supplies, toys, candy, nutella).

Yes, I know, it would look totally absurb to do that in the western world, USA, Canada, etc.
But, in a 3rd world country, it's totally different, when these kids have nothing ! Not even paper or a pencil to write on !

Nothing but thoughtful replies ,well structured posts and no misspellings all day.

Conclusion: someone has kidnapped or murdered klein and is posting under his name to prevent immediate investigation of his disappearance.

tieguy

Banned

Yes, I know, it would look totally absurb to do that in the western world, USA, Canada, Europe, etc.
But, in a 3rd world country, it's totally different, when these kids have nothing ! Not even paper or a pencil to write on ! Or have never seen a gummi bear or probably never had a cheap calculator.
Never tried the taste of nugget chocolate spread. (no need for me to go on)....

they still have nothing? You didn't bring them anything substantial. Nothing to help better their lives. you showed up looking like you were creeping with some cheap trinkets? I don't get it?

klein

they still have nothing? You didn't bring them anything substantial. Nothing to help better their lives. you showed up looking like you were creeping with some cheap trinkets? I don't get it?

I left something behind.
I told every tourist I met there, to do the same I have done.... and take an extra suitcase along with gifts, in their future trips there...... they need it much more then money tips... since the resort (government keeps 75% of them... and 25% gets split among the staff)...... Gifts they can keep all to themselves ! And give thier Bambinos a little something.
Oh, btw, I also kinda had to give away my Canada fleece jacket. (was kind of a mistake, since I froze in Calgary over night, waiting for my connection, but bought a blanket on the airplane , so just got by without one).

tieguy

Banned
I left something behind.
I told every tourist I met there, to do the same I have done.... and take an extra suitcase along with gifts...... they need it much more then money tips... since the resort (government keeps 75% of them... and 25% gets split among the staff)...... Gifts they can keep all to themselves ! And give thier Bambinos a little something.
Oh, btw, I also kinda had to give away my Canada fleece jacket. (was kind of a mistake, since I froze in Calgary over night, waiting for my connection, but bought a blanket on the airplane , so just got by without one).

Tell it to pickup he's in love with your cheap creepy ways.

2nd well written post I have seen by Klein today, what the heck is going on?

Betcha cachsux starts a post based on that name "lislaylin".

Nope, that one was a slowpitch softball. Shorteyes is hanging himself on this one, I don`t need to help him step off the gallows.

Most of my gifts I brought along were for kids (school supplies, toys, candy, nutella). Red Alert!

Yes, I know, it would look totally absurb to do that in the western world, USA, Canada, Europe, etc. Actually it violates several criminal statutes.
But, in a 3rd world country, Of course, looser laws,cops that can be bribed,desperate parents willing to do anything for $10. it's totally different, when these kids have nothing ! Not even paper or a pencil to write on ! Or have never seen a gummi bear or probably never had a calculator. In other words a perfect victim. After all,they wanted it. Right?
Never tried the taste of nugget chocolate spread. (no need for me to go on).... But you will.

Too be honest with you, all that poorness really only kicked in, when I drove home from the Edmonton airport.
I started to cry hoping you hadn`t left behind any evidence., how bad some of them have it there.
I seen the housing they have on the busride to and from the resort.
It's not nice.
I had many thoughts to ask the bus driver to just stop, so I could hand over somne $5.00 bills to these poor folks.
It's sad, when you see it in real life.... !!! IT really is !

You know you could save lots of money if they came to you. I hear Neverland Ranch is still on the market.

tieguy

Banned
Cheap creepy way..... thats UPS management, that you know so well all about, almost forcing people to donate !

I keep seeing you with that little pot belly in those speedo's carrying around some cheap beach balls walking up to some cuban kid and asking him if he wants some balls. you're lucky you're not locked up in fidels accomadations.

tieguy

Banned
tie every time you type you you show exatly what the op said united way forced donations comming soon 2011.

If you had actually read all those posts like you claim then you would have seen the ones where I taked about the fact that your management team can no longer go online and see what you gave. A sharp contrast from your point of being forced. these threads often tack off into different directions. Your argument is another distraction to try to make things sound worse then they really are. The fact is you guys preach screwing those in need in order to screw ups. That is the real issue. you then try to tell me how you're all good citizens that drive down to your local charity every month and give generously. You and I know that is a bunch of crap. The fact is you have a lot of cheap coworkers that will try to hang on any excuse they can find to avoid helping better their community. Since you claim to give generously outside of work you really had no reason to jump in and be offended did you?

klein

I keep seeing you with that little pot belly in those speedo's carrying around some cheap beach balls walking up to some cuban kid and asking him if he wants some balls. you're lucky you're not locked up in fidels accomadations.

I guess that proves your point Tie !
Don't give to charity at all ! Esspecially if someone tells you (UPS), to do so !

You probably also have no sympathy for Bill Gates (almost 50, too), that supplies schools with computers.
It's not going thru you or UPS, damn, eh ?

Oh, almost forgot, Ronnie Mac Donald. What the heck is he doing supporting young kids.
You better boycott that place !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is my last post on this thread:

If you don't want to deal with the crap from your mgt team, fill out your pledge form online at upsers, print it out and have them staple it to your pledge form.

jimstud

Banned
If you had actually read all those posts like you claim then you would have seen the ones where I taked about the fact that your management team can no longer go online and see what you gave. A sharp contrast from your point of being forced. these threads often tack off into different directions. Your argument is another distraction to try to make things sound worse then they really are. The fact is you guys preach screwing those in need in order to screw ups. That is the real issue. you then try to tell me how you're all good citizens that drive down to your local charity every month and give generously. You and I know that is a bunch of crap. The fact is you have a lot of cheap coworkers that will try to hang on any excuse they can find to avoid helping better their community. Since you claim to give generously outside of work you really had no reason to jump in and be offended did you?
go back and count how many times you called people cheap and selfish because they don't give to the united way that is what offends me. you have no way of knowing who gives what . there are a lot of ways to give to charity you don't have to give just money . what i give is my business and none of yours. so keep calling my brothers and sisters cheap because they don't give to the charity of your choice. i am willing to bet you have some kind of plaque in your office proclaiming how much you donate. bullying and pestering people to give the true meaning of charity.

tieguy

Banned
I guess that proves your point Tie !
Don't give to charity at all ! Esspecially if someone tells you (UPS), to do so !

You probably also have no sympathy for Bill Gates (almost 50, too), that supplies schools with computers.
It's not going thru you or UPS, damn, eh ?

Oh, almost forgot, Ronnie Mac Donald. What the heck is he doing supporting young kids.
You better boycott that place !

I didnt realize Ronald went to cuba and trolled for little children in a speedo.

again what you did is downright bizarre. You're really lucky that you were not locked up under suspicion of being some kind of perv.

you really should be careful with the impressions you set when you go to strange countries.