United Way force donations coming soon for 2011.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Always get the big picture. It's not about the collector or the donor, but about the good that the $$ can do. ..........thanks for sharing, Tie.

klein

Für Meno :)
Why is it, when it comes to all you republicans, your totally against "social taxes" like healthcare for every american, but when it comes to UPS United Way donations,,,,,"We need to help the sick ?"

tieguy

Banned
Why is it, when it comes to all you republicans, your totally against "social taxes" like healthcare for every american, but when it comes to UPS United Way donations,,,,,"We need to help the sick ?"

we look at what the liberals did to you and come to the conclusion that we don't want the government screwing up anything else. Thanks for being the example that keeps us focused on our mission.

Again, please be more specific in what was denied.

My youngest son,you know who A.J., has a need for various forms of therapy. Physical,developmental,etc. One of the local programs is put on by the U.W. My wife put in the app to get our son in and was told we made too much money. She pointed out that we already knew that and would be more than happy to pay for the program yet we were still denied. So we have to go out of town to the nearest program in our area.

I`m not saying we won`t give to the U.N. because of this but only confirming that what was posted does happen.

tourists24

Partly because the latter is a voluntary system

UPSSOCKS

SERIOUS QUESTION..........
WHEN WILL YOU GROW UP AND STOP BEING A D...HEAD ?
I am not saying that NFP org's like united way and habitat are not good causes , but I have done more than my share of volunteering bothy in my community and in the hellhole I worked in for 8 years . To be pressured to donate year after year is annoying . I have cancelled checks of over $1000 a year for the past 10 years of donations to individual organizations and charity's ! THE PRESSURING DOES TAKE PLACE MAYBE NOT IN EVERY CENTER BUT IT DOES HAPPEN.
I WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE NOT TO DONATE , TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN !

I see why they terminated you.... I would go crazy if I had to listen to you talk everyday..... Stop ruining a United Way thread.... Go talk about your make believe termination story in another thread...

cach, are you sure that it was UW that turned you down or was it the program itself?

UW facility,programs,administrators,and therapists. The therapists were good people and came to our house,paid of course,and helped us get in where we eventually did. Above them was the standard "our hands are tied" bureaucracy.

T Princess Local 866

To the people that do not donate..... I HOPE YOU NEED THE UNITED WAY ONE DAY.

Socks I gave to UW for over 20 years. Then both of my parents were dying at the same time. I needed help...... I went to UW and more or less got a kick in the butt. I was on my own. Bless my sup who let me come in 2 hours early let me leave early so i could take my shift with my parents. I had a friend who also worked at UPS got into a terrible car accident and needed there help... again on her own. Another one had Cancer went to UW .... Yep same place the rest of us are. I no longer give through UPS to UW. I give to Autism speaks on my own. UW helps people don't get me wrong. It is just it didn't help the people i loved in any way shape or form. I am not telling people not to give it's there own choice. At the time I was giving i didn't care if sups gave or not it was my own choice to give. As for the pushing and pressure I don't agree with that and I have seen it happen. I have also seen people say no but there cards get signed by someone else. It's all well documented. When I gave it did not bother me that it came from "UPS" Just as much as when the Teamsters give it does not bother me that it comes from "The Teamsters" or "Local 177" it's how I feel inside knowing i helped someone. Now I choose to do it a different way on my own.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just completed my UW pledge online at upsers.com Went from $25/week to $30/week. UPS kicked in $234. to match my pledge with all of it going to our local Hospice.

It felt strange to do this without the intimidation.:wink2:

klein

I just completed my UW pledge online at upsers.com Went from $25/week to $30/week. UPS kicked in $234. to match my pledge with all of it going to our local Hospice.

It felt strange to do this without the intimidation.:wink2:

You better print that out, and show your sups... so they don't haunt you !

klein

Hey, I'm an angel :innocent: !!! :)

I just came back from the department store, bought all kinds of goods for the children and adults of Cuba.
That's my donation... over $100 worth, and I hope I don't get over the weight limit.

From toys, to pens and pencils, and school stuff, and soveniers to playing cards for adults.
Even Nutella for the kids, and candy.

Got to do my share, too.

klein

luring kids into your hotel room with trinkets. You're a sick , sick man.

For the maids... and most likely they have children... and for the Bartenders kids, etc....
Things they can't get there....
It will make them smile , and me , too :)

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Name Title Compensation % of Expenses
Brian A. Gallagher President, CEO (The person identified as holding the highest position of management, and therefore who would normally be responsible for carrying out the mission of the charity and leading the organization on a day-to-day basis.) $982,768 1.70%

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Hey, I'm an angel :innocent: !!! :)

I just came back from the department store, bought all kinds of goods for the children and adults of Cuba.
That's my donation... over $100 worth, and I hope I don't get over the weight limit.

From toys, to pens and pencils, and school stuff, and soveniers to playing cards for adults.
Even Nutella for the kids, and candy.

Got to do my share, too.

There are many areas of the world that are beautiful and could use some expertise with anything...One of the kids just came back from a Catholic Mission Trip where they seemed to provide Time, Talent and Treasure................and.......................they saw some poor people and helped them albeit a bunch of kids working on a house or ten.

Klein, my point is that you could do the same thing and get a tax break (I am not sure of the CDN rules); but that is extremely fulfilling for people that I know that are 50+ and not working.
My kids have done it, I have done it and it gives you a feel good feeling that should result in more positive Posts from you.

I would support the "Klein Relief Fund" Be kinda' cool:happy-very:

I'm sure there are families or people with needs on the street in CDN

I mean all this nicely!!!