Unlimited bidding in the 710???

542thruNthru

Even that would not annoy me. I usually did not ride with drivers first day on a route they bid. But any excuse to get out of the office was usually welcome, if I'm on a route I can't explain to Sally customer that no, her driver did NOT walk all the way to her front door, leave a notice without knocking. I also can't be pulled to take pics and witness statements for the accident investigation 'cause Sal backed over a mailbox. Again. (I'm with @burrheadd , Sal's a dick)

Non of my On Roads want to leave the office. It's actually a fight amongst themselves trying to get the other to go out.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We have no limit on bidding here. We have a few senior drivers that bid every single route that comes up. They always pass on the route but still sign the bid every time anyways.

In the Central, you can sign all the bids you want.

But, if the bid comes down (at the proper time) and you are the high seniority

person.... it's yours. There is no passing at that point.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There is one caveat, with that language.

Within the 1 year time frame.... you can't bid back to your original job.(or bid)

-Bug-

Not true here.

We've had many drivers not like their new route within the first week and just bid back on theirs when the bid was posted.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Correct, but, at least here, you can bid back to your original bid when it's posted.

Happens all the time, and this uses 2 of the 3 yearly bids.

If he does it again, he is stuck on the new bid. None left to bid back to his job.

542thruNthru

Not true here.

We've had many drivers not like their new route within the first week and just bid back on theirs when the bid was posted.

They use to allow driver to return to their old route as long as it had not been posted yet. They finally stopped it because so many drivers would run the route for a week and go back to their old route. It would take almost 2 months till someone stayed on it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We have no limit on bidding here. We have a few senior drivers that bid every single route that comes up. They always pass on the route but still sign the bid every time anyways.
Same here. Plus the biannual regular bid. It’s a bidding frenzy!
Like Oprah!
And you get a bid!
And you get a bid!

Same here. Plus the biannual regular bid. It’s a bidding frenzy!
Like Oprah!
And you get a bid!
And you get a bid!
26gsiCIKW7ANEmxKE.gif

cachmeifucan

You act like it passed. Let's wait hopefully 705 and 710 hold strong on a no vote and hit both thresholds. Laguna is laying back wanting us to have the same bad contract. I want to do 11 more years not 16 more and that would cost me 1,100 a month. 13,300 a year and if I did 29 years but not 30 it would cost me 700 a Month and 8400 a year. Kinda of hard to pass that up but how long would I live and quality of life after 30 years full time and my part time years . Vote nada

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Did you crack the seal and then I opened it?

I should have clarified, what I was talking about.

Correct, but, at least here, you can bid back to your original bid when it's posted.

Happens all the time, and this uses 2 of the 3 yearly bids.

If he does it again, he is stuck on the new bid. None left to bid back to his job.

There is a JAC decision/interp (from years ago) that addressed this very issue.

It was to prevent things like this:

They use to allow driver to return to their old route as long as it had not been posted yet. They finally stopped it because so many drivers would run the route for a week and go back to their old route. It would take almost 2 months till someone stayed on it.

The JAC decision/interp was pre-22.3.... but could be applied to them now, as it

was a case about the package car classification. As you pointed out, it doesn't apply

to feeders. If they allow it in your area, I would document that.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There is a JAC decision/interp (from years ago) that addressed this very issue.

It was to prevent things like this:

I hadn't seen this, but we have never been denied bidding back a previous bid once it was posted.

Doesn't happen all the time, but has happened 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years.