Unpaid for a personal day

goosie

Question: So I was unpaid for a personal day 2 weeks ago but Luckily that personal day has remained unused. The personal day was confirmed by management (I have proof.) and I took off that day. Im guessing there was a glitch in the system because no one in management has said anything about it or about me missing a day but at the same time I didnt get paid for that day.

Its been 3 weeks since then I still have that 1 personal day on paycheck, Would I get in trouble if I use that last personal day again?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Question: So I was unpaid for a personal day 2 weeks ago but Luckily that personal day has remained unused. The personal day was confirmed by management (I have proof.) and I took off that day. Im guessing there was a glitch in the system because no one in management has said anything about it or about me missing a day but at the same time I didnt get paid for that day.

Its been 3 weeks since then I still have that 1 personal day on paycheck, Would I get in trouble if I use that last personal day again?

No. Happens all the time

CoolStoryBro

You have discovered the infinite personal day glitch.

Some drivers have been known to schedule option days. Then ask the OMS to code it as unpaid request off. Thus keeping their paid days for more uses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have discovered the infinite personal day glitch.

Some drivers have been known to schedule option days. Then ask the OMS to code it as unpaid request off. Thus keeping their paid days for more uses.

...which sucks when a junior driver ask for the same day off but is told no because they have already given the max off for that day...paid days should absolutely take precedence over dead days...

Johney

I would be concerned as to what they coded that day of to? No call no show? Called out sick? Scheduled off? What? Depending on what they coded that day off to could come back to cause a problem.

Nah
I would be concerned as to what they coded that day of to? No call no show? Called out sick? Scheduled off? What? Depending on what they coded that day off to could come back to cause a problem.

He said he has proof, so I think it will be fine.

ManInBrown

It’s not a glitch. It’s called they are dummies. It happens all the time. Use it again, and then check UPsers the next day to make sure they put it in.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Our top seniority guys usually take anywhere from 30-50 unpaid request off days a year. One guy use to take close to 80 unpaid a year or almost 2-days a week, every week, excluding his vacations.

The idea was $40,000 or so money forfeited in an entire career was well worth it than working every day during the week days... this job isn't bad with 3 on/4 off.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Our top seniority guys usually take anywhere from 30-50 unpaid request off days a year. One guy use to take close to 80 unpaid a year or almost 2-days a week, every week, excluding his vacations.

The idea was $40,000 or so money forfeited in an entire career was well worth it than working every day during the week days... this job isn't bad with 3 on/4 off.
If you can afford it

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

4 on 3 off would be amazing...the 9.5 list could become the 12 list...get your 45 hours in 4 days and protect your body the other 3

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

4 on 3 off would be amazing...the 9.5 list could become the 12 list...get your 45 hours in 4 days and protect your body the other 3

In 2013 the proposed Upstate NY Supplement contained language for a 4 x 10 schedule for feeders. It was soundly defeated. It passed once that language was removed.

Whither

Scofflaw

Sounds divine. Taking notes and making plans for years down the road. Also: great name haha.

ManInBrown

$40,000 forfeited in his entire career? More like $40,000 per year