Unpaid for a personal day

MattM

Can one work enough hours three days a week to maintain your pension contributions?

we have a PTer who’s been with us 4 years now and he has just 1 year of vested time. I believe we need 650/yr. He tends to have infinite personal days. They haven’t caught on that it just becomes scheduled off on the books, if one doesn’t have the time that’s requested. What’s the FT hours needed yearly? 1200 something?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Can one work enough hours three days a week to maintain your pension contributions?

we have a PTer who’s been with us 4 years now and he has just 1 year of vested time. I believe we need 650/yr. He tends to have infinite personal days. They haven’t caught on that it just becomes scheduled off on the books, if one doesn’t have the time that’s requested. What’s the FT hours needed yearly? 1200 something?

Probably different in your local, but it is 750 for PT for national.
(2) Part-time employees will receive one (1) year of Credited Service for seven hundred fifty (750) or more paid hours. (Six (6) months of part-time Credited Service will be granted for three hundred seventy-five (375) to five hundred (500) hours worked in a calendar year, and nine (9) months of part-time Credited Service will be granted for five hundred one (501) to seven hundred for- - 97 - Article 34 ty-nine (749) hours worked in a calendar year.) This paragraph will also be applied to determine Credited Service for all full-time employees on the payroll on August 1, 2002 who were formerly participants in the UPS Pension Plan.

This would come out to ~14.5 hours a week. And we are guaranteed 3.5 daily.
So for a three day work week to gain full pension credits annually, you would need 4.8 hours a day.
At least at my center, that's highly unlikely.

For full timers under national:
(4) Full-time employees will receive one (1) year of Credited Service for each 1801 paid hours in Covered Employment in a calendar year beginning on or after January 1, 2008. Employees will receive partial years of Credited Service in monthly increments (i.e., one month if employee worked 150 or more hours in Covered Employment in that month). For purposes of earning service credit for the service pensions only, full-time employees will receive one week of service credit if he has one hour of service in Covered Employment. For service pensions only, if an employee has 0-19 weeks of service credit, he shall not receive any service credit for that calendar year. If he has 20-39 weeks of service credit, the amount of credit for that year will be equal to a fraction the numerator of which is the number of weeks of credit and the denominator is 40. If the employee has 40 weeks of service credit for that calendar year, he shall receive one year of service credit.

So to answer your question, 1800.
This comes out to around 34.5 hours a week. And they are guaranteed 8 daily. (For the most part.)
So for a three day work week to allow a credit a year, you'd have to work 11.5 hours a day.

Probably different in your local, but it is 750 for PT for national.

This would come out to ~14.5 hours a week. And we are guaranteed 3.5 daily.
So for a three day work week to gain full pension credits annually, you would need 4.8 hours a day.
At least at my center, that's highly unlikely.

For full timers under national:

So to answer your question, 1800.
This comes out to around 34.5 hours a week. And they are guaranteed 8 daily. (For the most part.)
So for a three day work week to allow a credit a year, you'd have to work 11.5 hours a day.
You are forgetting about vacations, sick and personal or option days and paid holidays those count

542thruNthru

Get it right next time
Or I'll have @542thruNthru smack you around a little bit
tenor-80.gif

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Going on two years now my center NEVER puts you in for a sick or personal day. It’s an unlimited day off cheat code. Enjoy. I’ll have to ask the night OMS person at least three times before they actually adjust my time card.

rocket man

Question: So I was unpaid for a personal day 2 weeks ago but Luckily that personal day has remained unused. The personal day was confirmed by management (I have proof.) and I took off that day. Im guessing there was a glitch in the system because no one in management has said anything about it or about me missing a day but at the same time I didnt get paid for that day.

Its been 3 weeks since then I still have that 1 personal day on paycheck, Would I get in trouble if I use that last personal day again?
According to the contract article 99 subsection 6 paragraph t2 section 3 page 84 that will give you the answer

Johney

Well if by chance they coded it as a no call no show or a called out sick and they try and use that down the road for attendance it could pose a problem. But he has proof of the day offered off so it really shouldn’t matter. I was out for a week on maturity leave when our first was born and they coded that entire week as called out unknowingly to me, so a month or two later when I did call out sick they tried to get me for bad attendance. Just best to know what you’re coded out as.

UPSjedi41

If you don’t need the money, it’s a free day. Yes it happens all the time.

Question: So I was unpaid for a personal day 2 weeks ago but Luckily that personal day has remained unused. The personal day was confirmed by management (I have proof.) and I took off that day. Im guessing there was a glitch in the system because no one in management has said anything about it or about me missing a day but at the same time I didnt get paid for that day.

Its been 3 weeks since then I still have that 1 personal day on paycheck, Would I get in trouble if I use that last personal day again?