Unrealized potential of new management trainee

Dutch Dawg

This text will tend to be cynical...so maybe you should stop right here.

I get a call yesterday at 17:00 from the driver that normally delivers to the house. He's out making pick-ups and has encountered a package that should have been delivered to me, but was misloaded on an adjacent route. What did the driver that originally had the package choose to do? Rather than drive the 2 miles off route and deliver it at any time during the day, he chose to leave it with the pick-up packages at a business account knowing the correct driver would find the parcel later in the day and could choose the disposition of package, ie...deliver or return it to building.

The driver that made the conscience decision to leave (misdeliver) the parcel is a current 30 day wonder. He is presently transitioning from part time preload sup into full time sup (hopefully, away from our building once Atlanta recognizes his unrealized potential).

Don't worry...we're all in good hands.

sendagain

I have oftened wondered why someone who is a professional delivery driver, would go to great lengths to find the truck to whom the errant package belonged, rather than just driving the package to the address and delivering it. It does seem to indicate rather limited brain activity.

over9five

Staff member
Yes, but think how smart he is! He made the problem GO AWAY! True management potential!

Well,....actually.....he made his problem go away...

Wow, what an as........

sendagain

over9five said:
Yes, but think how smart he is! He made the problem GO AWAY! True management potential!

Well,....actually.....he made his problem go away...

Wow, what an as........

Yes, that's the gist of it. They remove the service failure from their truck and leave it in your hands long after you've been to that area. I usually found this type of driver to show up sometime after 5:00PM, thereby making your new problem that much bigger.

Just Lurking

We have driver that will sheet NSS for well-known main streets. Or NSN if it fall outside their range for a street. Funny how its in loop detail but they can still cannot find it.

Really pisses me off when I cross over a dividing line for nearby loop that requires two passes through a signaled intersection (10 minutes or so). Or when they have a misload and leave it on their side for me - requiring atleast two passes through the intersections again.

Just Lurking

trickpony1 said:
Do you not get paid by the hour to make those extra passes through that intersection?

Well, for 17 years it did not bother me at all. But since my wife passed away from cancer and my two year old needs to be picked up from daycare, I really don't need an extra 10 minutes. I already work all day to take lunch at the end - return to center, drive to pickup my son and return to center to clock out.

over9five

Staff member
"Do you not get paid by the hour to make those extra passes through that intersection?"

Yes, but it bothers me too, Trick. There is soo much forced overtime now with PAS/EDD. I don't need more because someone's lazy.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just Lurking, Im so sorry. I know its so hard being a single parent with this job, and I am thankful mine were in HS when I went driving. I dont know how those of you with small kids do it. Not to mention the grief, which is much more real than this job.
My best wishes for your future.
Misloads............I used to deliver them all too, except there are sometimes too many and too far apart to do it by 740pm, and Ill be damned if Im going to stay out all night because we are the only ones held accountable. I dont mind getting home after dark in the winter, but the summer,come on. I couldnt even make it on time for my DOT physical at 730 (8 hr request) HA what a joke. I got there late , so guess what, had to wait.............got home at 930, guess what DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.