Unsafe driving

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most streets with 20 mph speed limit its impossible to drive as fast as 60. Especially in a lumbering package car.

As I said, I read the concern----I was not able to read the pages that were stapled to the concern, which I assume were the Telematics data and other supporting documentation. My center manager had asked me in for a chat unrelated to work and I happened to see the concern laying on his desk. It's not as though I get off road and rummage through my on-car and center manager's desks.

We all know customers exaggerate when they call in and, as was mentioned above, this is one area where Telematics is on our side. The pkg cars do sound as though they are going faster than they are. I have several speeding concerns thrown out because Telematics clearly showed that I was well under the speed limit. However, we have had many concerns supported by Telematics.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
As I said, I read the concern----I was not able to read the pages that were stapled to the concern, which I assume were the Telematics data and other supporting documentation. My center manager had asked me in for a chat unrelated to work and I happened to see the concern laying on his desk. It's not as though I get off road and rummage through my on-car and center manager's desks.

It was still a privileged document.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You never drove one of the new workhorses. Those things can giddy up!
My new freightliner leaves the workhorses in the dust. When I was a cover driver I drove one of those new workhorse 700s for about 6 months and it was quick, but my new freightliner 800...damn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree it should be but anything laying around is fair game. Kind of like the safe driving awards that should be awarded, instead are being used for doodling, and math problems, seen it.

As I said, it wasn't like I was rummaging through his desk drawers. It was laying right out in the open, almost as if he wanted me to read it.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I agree it should be but anything laying around is fair game. Kind of like the safe driving awards that should be awarded, instead are being used for doodling, and math problems, seen it.

Laying around on the centers counter is one thing. Laying on a center manager's desk in his office is another. Being asked into the office isn't a green light to peruse what might be sitting on it. UpState should hope the driver under review doesn't find out he's been talking about his personal business in the schoolyard.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Laying around on the centers counter is one thing. Laying on a center manager's desk in his office is another. Being asked into the office isn't a green light to peruse what might be sitting on it. UpState should hope the driver under review doesn't find out he's been talking about his personal business in the schoolyard.

The year I worked preload/porter, I saw a lot of stuff I shouldn't have seen.

Kept it all to myself, however.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And nowhere did he give a drivers name, nor would he. If I can see it, I am reading it, I dont care where its laying. This is more of a lesson, if you are in management, you need to clean off your desk, than another driver shouldnt read stuff laying on desk. I also read the talking points for Orion, laying on a desk while I was getting yelled at, heck I had to do something! Its human nature to get the edge.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

In retrospect, I have to wonder, Dave, if the concern was called in on you. Possibly your center manager wanted you to see it before it was swept under the rug.

Hmmmm?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
And nowhere did he give a drivers name, nor would he. If I can see it, I am reading it, I dont care where its laying. This is more of a lesson, if you are in management, you need to clean off your desk, than another driver shouldnt read stuff laying on desk. I also read the talking points for Orion, laying on a desk while I was getting yelled at, heck I had to do something! Its human nature to get the edge.

Oh, I agree. Nosiness is human nature.

I overheard some conference calls that would have curled your toenails.

Still kept them to myself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yawn.