Update in Louisville

brett636

Shouldn't this be about the time you all start looking for other work if you aren't being moved to the new location? I can understand why you're wanting to know what the status of the new building is, but whether its near completion or not doesn't change the fact that your jobs are moving. I would have been sending out resumes the day I learned my job was moving without me.

exemery

brett636 said:
Shouldn't this be about the time you all start looking for other work if you aren't being moved to the new location? I can understand why you're wanting to know what the status of the new building is, but whether its near completion or not doesn't change the fact that your jobs are moving. I would have been sending out resumes the day I learned my job was moving without me.
You're an :censored2:

trickpony1

I'm confused.
Why is brett636 an :censored2: because he chose to take the initiative, chose to be proactive and responsible?
I think he had some good advice to offer.
He apparently doesn't wait for life to hit him upside the head before he reacts. He apparently plans ahead, past the next paycheck, and has alternate plans should his wonderful employer give him the shaft.
One might benefit from his advice and attitude.

outta hours

I feel sorry for anyone losing their job. For whatever reason. I also feel sorry for someone who get's important career information from an internet bulletin board. This forum has some good ideas sometimes, and other times not. But it still is what it is. A bunch of anonymous people not verifed or certified to give anything more than their opnion on things invloving UPS. Please due not make any decision about your career based on the information you obtain here.

trickpony1

The sad part about your commentary, outta hours, is I've learned more from this message board than I could have ever learned from those who are supposed to care, that being my management team and my union.
I still believe the advice given by brett636 was prudent and wise given the nature of our employer. He apparently choses to be proactive instead of standing around waiting for something to happen.
If his advice was perceived as being condescending then perhaps someone was being over-sensitive.
But then there will always be those who want to "kill the messenger" per se.

kahemery

I, must defend exemery. Most of us at the dayton hub have second jobs and could careless about the future of UPS. We are always asking management about the building progress to which we get no answer. The only reason why we are still here is to collect are severance package. So the quicker they get the building built the quicker we can get out of this HOLE!

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
So what is the status of the Heavyweight Building? If anyone knows , the info would be appreciated.The fact that UPS is attepting to be at parity with our competitors is rewarding----sometimes we may not agree with everything that the company does---but I do take comfort in working for a financially sound company.

I remember being a driver in Metro L.A in 1975 when the PCM was given about UPS expanding into Germany--didn't make a lot of sense because we didn't even have ground service to the mid west---only had Blue Label!!