Upper management creating special form

dragracer66

if they want us to sign anything like that in my shop we tell them no and make them do a pcm so we all know about it. Remember the only thing you need to sign is your check and tax forms!!!

Gear

Parts on Order
We are still required to maintain 3 points of contact while carrying a package.

How do they expect you to carry packages on of off a truck all day? Is this one of those safety ideas they talk about but dont enforce. Maybe you guys should have a helper all year round. That way you can pass the package to each other while stepping in and out.

By The Book

How do they expect you to carry packages on of off a truck all day? Is this one of those safety ideas they talk about but dont enforce. Maybe you guys should have a helper all year round. That way you can pass the package to each other while stepping in and out.
We call it staging the packages. After you select, you place in cab on floor. You then use 3 points of contact to step out of vehicle. You then grab pkg. by the methods and finish the delivery.

rpoz11

I've always been curious about the DOT licensing given to a vehicle manufacturer.
It was thought that the vehicle complies to manufacture at the time it was assembled.
Now, I see things added / subtracted after receiving the vehicle.
What licensing does corporate have modifying a vehicle once received from the DOT licensed manufacturer?
Will the P clamps create a defect or safety issue if removed as assembled prior to receiving the vehicle from the licensed manufacturer?

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Not sure on the DOT regs regarding modifying the vehicle after we've received it. I know we are somewhat limited on the safety side of things as far as lights, braking systems, and tires.

But a quick update, we are being allowed to thoroughly inspect the vehicles for P clamps though they are constantly bringing up the subject, there is no set time limit on inspecting each vehicle and there isn't an actual campaign in ABS neither. I'm not sure if they're handling this the same at other hubs/centers and we still haven't seen this agreement they said we are required to sign yet but I'm sure we'll be seeing it soon.

By The Book

Not sure on the DOT regs regarding modifying the vehicle after we've received it. I know we are somewhat limited on the safety side of things as far as lights, braking systems, and tires.

But a quick update, we are being allowed to thoroughly inspect the vehicles for P clamps though they are constantly bringing up the subject, there is no set time limit on inspecting each vehicle and there isn't an actual campaign in ABS neither. I'm not sure if they're handling this the same at other hubs/centers and we still haven't seen this agreement they said we are required to sign yet but I'm sure we'll be seeing it soon.
When the time comes to sign the form can you RTS (refuse to sign)?, or is it just drivers that can do this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When the time comes to sign the form can you RTS (refuse to sign)?, or is it just drivers that can do this.
I'm sure I can refuse to sign but that may put a target on my back especially if I'm the only guy that refuses.

I had a discussion with our PDS about drivers who RTS documents rather than sign them. We both agreed that the driver would still be expected to comply with whatever directive or policy change was on the piece of paper and that if the driver were to have discipline issues down the road documents with RTS written on them would not bode well for them.

Sign/don't sign----you will still be expected to comply with whatever is on that piece of paper.

bumped

Yes the trucks are equipped with them from the factory, there has been a campaign on removing them but no we are not given adequate time to find and remove them all. Also I have not seen a campaign for the newer trucks which are still being built with these installed.

Wouldn't removing them void the warranty. That's what were told anytime we want something installed. We can't even get grip tape anymore.

10 point

I was obviously talking about small packages. Larger ones are placed on the floor and picked up once we are on solid ground.
End of range motion.
Back strain and shoulder pulls with this technique.
Can't set them on the steps either due to walk path issues.
I put mine on the jump seat and pull it off into my power zone.
There's no way you can place a pkg on the floor without using end of range motion to retrieve it.