UPS and David Ragan Bring "UPS My Choice" to The Track

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
New Program Provides Consumers Options to Control Deliveries

UPS (NYSE: UPS), the official logistics provider of NASCAR, is bringing its new consumer service UPS My Choicesm to the racetrack and driver David Ragan is glad to see it.

Beginning this weekend at Talladega Speedway, UPS My Choice will be featured as a new design on Ragan's No. 6 UPS Ford. The new service places greater control over home delivery in the hands of the consumer.

Officially launched on Oct. 3, UPS My Choice provides residential package recipients delivery alerts, specific delivery time frames, reroute options, visibility tools and electronic signature release, all by accessing ups.com through a computer or mobile phone.

"With NASCAR, you're on the road most of the year and it's not always easy keeping up with packages coming to your home," said Ragan. "That's the great thing about UPS My Choice, because it actually alerts me when deliveries are coming and then allows me to control the timing and location of that delivery. I can redirect or delay or electronically sign for packages - no matter where I am - with my phone or computer. It's definitely a service I recommend."

UPS My Choice provides convenient options that align with the way consumers work and live. Consumers receiving packages at home can choose between two levels of membership. UPS My Choice members will receive phone, e-mail or text alerts notifying them a day in advance of when packages will arrive and providing a four-hour window for the delivery. They also will have the option to electronically authorize release of packages that require a signature and, for a $5 transaction fee, to reroute a package to another delivery address or have it delivered to the nearest The UPS Store location.

UPS My Choice Premium Membership, available for a $40 annual subscription, provides all the benefits of a regular UPS My Choice membership but in addition, members gain access to an online delivery calendar that shows the status of UPS home deliveries. Premium members also are offered a two-hour confirmed delivery window. A $5 transaction fee is charged only upon successful delivery of the package within the two-hour commitment.

Consumers registering online for UPS My Choice between now and Dec. 31, 2011, are automatically entered in a "Win What You Want" sweepstakes. Each winner will choose one prize package from a specified list of events, including a 2012 Live Nation Concert, a NASCAR race, a NCAA game or a PGA European Tour event.

"The UPS My Choice program has changed the package delivery experience to fit into people's lives and NASCAR serves as a valuable platform to help bring attention to this game-changing service," said Ron Rogowski, UPS vice president, sponsorships and events. "UPS My Choice is another way UPS is providing logistical support for consumers and putting the control of when and how they receive their packages into their own hands."

For more information on UPS My Choice, visit ups.com/mychoice/pr.