UPS blacklist?

Ask your driver to arrange a conversation between his Center Manager and yourself.
You two need to make the deal, leave the driver out of it please.
The manager can include instructions for the driver in our mobile computer(DIAD), via CPad, an internal program in the DIAD.
This insulates your driver from liability.

The CPad reference was for Nancy.
doesnt it always come back to nancy. I heard a rumor that he actually gets paid to post on this site.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I deliver to several places that do this. Very, very easy and secure. Rubbermaid makes a tub that is perfect for this. Your local Home Despot should have them.

The totes are nice though they still will not discourage those that want to take them and what is in them. Secure any tote or lockable storage so it also cannot be removed from the site. Otherwise the issue has not been resolved.

S

serenity now

The totes are nice though they still will not discourage those that want to take them and what is in them. Secure any tote or lockable storage so it also cannot be removed from the site. Otherwise the issue has not been resolved.

with red paint, stencil LIVE SNAKES on top of tote

UPSGUY72

do you think i could get in contact with the dispatcher and let them know ill be installing a box with a lock, maybe they can lift the code 4?

Your not black listed a NO DR status on your address is there to protect both you and UPS from theft.

UPS isn't going to lift the NO DR status on your address even if you get a "box with a lock on it" as the box doesn't release UPS from further possible claims on stolen items.

Your going to have to do one of 5 things

1. sign for packages in person
2. sign the back of the info notice
3. do a e-sig online
4. Leave a note to have a Neighbor sign for package
5. sign for and Pickup package at Customer service center after 1st attempt is made

The 5 things above will release UPS From claim that a package wasn't received.

Indecisi0n

Have the driver give you a pack of info notices (the tags they leave on your door when your not home). Just fill them out and leave them in the secure box outside. If a customer did that I would leave their packages.

Re: UPS blacklistt

You could have things shipped to where you work or have a neighbor sign for them. Because somebody stole something off your porch, UPS has to pay the claim on it. Since you now have a thief around, its no longer safe to leave things there.

Get delivery notices from driver sign them place in zip lock bag thumb take them in a place you and driver agree on an 2ala your packages will be there when you get home

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Have the driver give you a pack of info notices (the tags they leave on your door when your not home). Just fill them out and leave them in the secure box outside. If a customer did that I would leave their packages.

Sadly her driver didn't figure this out and offer the suggestion on day one. Could also put the packages behind the trailer.

Grammarly1959

I've been ordering via UPS for MANY years (I remember when the logo had the cute little package with the bowtie on it, lol)....in the 1960s and 1970s you always had to sign for packages...

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
ask the shipper you order from to sent the packages as Basic's,,and or shipper release, that will release all liability from ups,,but i would have to assume with no compensation from loss you would no longer want your packages left,, but,, who knows?

Hellio

Just talk with your driver. He/she can answer all your questions. He can also give you the number to contact the center and talk with a supervisor.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ask the shipper you order from to sent the packages as Basic's,,and or shipper release, that will release all liability from ups,,but i would have to assume with no compensation from loss you would no longer want your packages left,, but,, who knows?

You cannot DR any packages, even Basic, to a non-DR address.

UPSGUY72

You cannot DR any packages, even Basic, to a non-DR address.

NOT TRUE

When you hit the deliver button and the ND DR prompt comes up in the Lower left of the screen is Rel # Authorization Button that you can hit and you can release the package Just like on the lower right of the screen it gives you the option to have a SDN.

Once you hit that button a number comes up you hit enter it's ask Business of Resi and you stop complete.

Basic and surepost service are specifically designed so they do get DR on the first attempt at any address. UPS isn't responsible for those packages once they are DR the shipper can not make a claim on those packages.