UPS Canada/Toronto

Hb2020

Hello All, Senior driver here.. may have to relocate to Canada, I know I’d lose pretty much all for the years I put in working here.. seniority, vacation ... but does anyone here know or have information about working for UPS in Canada?

rod

Retired 22 years
Hello All, Senior driver here.. may have to relocate to Canada, I know I’d lose pretty much all for the years I put in working here.. seniority, vacation ... but does anyone here know or have information about working for UPS in Canada?
If you are a US citizen moving to Canada don't think you can just waltz right in and get a job at UPS in Canada. It don't work that way. Canada has some VERY strict laws about who can take their jobs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Prince Harry, is that you?

Hb2020

If you are a US citizen moving to Canada don't think you can just waltz right in and get a job at UPS in Canada. It don't work that way. Canada has some VERY strict laws about who can take their jobs.
Yes US Citizen.. wife has Canadian Citizenship so I’m in the process of getting my work documents in order for Canada .. on the UPS site it shows they are hiring for Full Time Package Drivers

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes US Citizen.. wife has Canadian Citizenship so I’m in the process of getting my work documents in order for Canada .. on the UPS site it shows they are hiring for Full Time Package Drivers
How long have you been in this process? I have friends who had to wait damn near 2 years and one of them never did get accepted.

Hb2020

How long have you been in this process? I have friends who had to wait damn near 2 years and one of them never did get accepted.
Just starting .. from what I read it takes about 4 months for the work visa or 10 months if I just wait for Canadian Residency .. not planning on moving right away so still have time

DOK

Just like the U.S.....oh wait