Ups. Central states pension

trickpony1

I know a driver that started as a preloader, then went to pkg car, then finished his career in feeder.

When he retired his PT pension was based on the language in the contract AT THE TIME HE WAS HIRED.
So...my question is...(wait for it)…

if he retired in early 2017 and considering the language talking about UPS making up any shortages in the CS pension is clearly in print, in the current contract book then is he safe regardless of what happens next contract?

oldngray

nowhere special
I know a driver that started as a preloader, then went to pkg car, then finished his career in feeder.

When he retired his PT pension was based on the language in the contract AT THE TIME HE WAS HIRED.

if he retired in early 2017 and considering the language talking about UPS making up any shortages in the CS pension is clearly in print, in the current contract book then is he safe regardless of what happens next contract?

You would think he would be grandfathered in but it didn't work that way when they started screwing retirees on health insurance.

I agree that changes "should" apply to future retirees but don't count on it.

Johney

I'm not sure but I think that is a big misconception.

oldngray

nowhere special

The language on part time pensions changed after I was hired and after I went full time (but before I retired). Main difference was reduction of years to be vested going from 10 years down to 5. They were to my benefit but the changes still applied to me.

rod

Retired 22 years

Death and taxes man--death and taxes. ONLY 2 things in the world that are "for sure".

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

He had no further contributions paid, so he receives the amount payable at the time.

Absolutely.

-Bug-

Johney

Wrong! The people who didn't`t save and depended on a pension are done.
Oh ok if you say so. You know you don’t have to depend on something to still be deserving of it. Money was paid into it for myself and others I want what I deserve.