central states question..

rrhogueiii

in central states,does p/t date of hire building seniority ever trump lower full time seniority ? i am TOP date of hire employee (and p/t air and eam driver) in my bldg of 400 employees. a junior full time shuttle/porter combo employee lost the air shuttle side of his job.can he take my bid job or does he bump from bottom of air list up ? where in supplement can i research this ?
in central states,does p/t date of hire building seniority ever trump lower full time seniority ? i am TOP date of hire employee (and p/t air and eam driver) in my bldg of 400 employees. a junior full time air shuttle/porter combo employee lost the air shuttle side of his job.can he take my bid job or does he bump from bottom of air list up ? where in supplement can i research this ?

Thebrownblob

Well, there isn’t any such thing as a 22.4 anymore, did you pay attention in the last contract negotiations? SMH…. if he’s a 22.3 he’s not gonna take your job.

rrhogueiii

Well, there isn’t any such thing as a 22.4 anymore, did you pay attention in the last contract negotiations? SMH…. if he’s a 22.3 he’s not gonna take your job.
hi,thank you kindly for your reply.i was off eight weeks,vaca last fall and out of the info loop.came back and my job taken away and given to him.

Thebrownblob

hi,thank you kindly for your reply.i was off eight weeks,vaca last fall and out of the info loop.came back and my job taken away and given to him.
They gave a full-time 22.3 a part-time job? Or are you saying they eliminated his original bid and created a new combo job?

rrhogueiii

They gave a full-time 22.3 a part-time job? Or are you saying they eliminated his original bid and created a new combo job?
yes,gave him my part time position.not sure if they created a “new” combo job….if so it wasn’t put up for bid.he retained the porter side of his original 22.3 job.

Thebrownblob

Full time can bid on a 22.3 if they are willing to take the cut in pay. I doubt UPS could force someone to do it though.
Yes, package car can bid 22.3 (a few qualifications to that) but it sounds like that was 22.3 who lost part of his job, and then perhaps they created a new position that he bid which took @rrhogueiii job?

Thebrownblob

yes,gave him my part time position.not sure if they created a “new” combo job….if so it wasn’t put up for bid.he retained the porter side of his original 22.3 job.
That’s not the appropriate way for a 22.3 job to be bid. Those jobs are supposed to have a number of attached to them and when they are changed, they are supposed to be including the union in those changes. I am, of course, assuming your portion of the story is correct which is highly suspect, and she don’t even know no longer 22.4.

Not trying to be hard on you, but I just can only go off the info you give.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes, package car can bod 22.3 (a few qualifications to that) but it sounds like that was 22.3 who lost part of his job, and then perhaps they created a new position that he bid which took @rrhogueiii job?
He was a porter and those jobs are kind of weird anyway. They might be able to get away with adding extra work that someone else was doing. Whether it changes things enough to require it being called a new job is the question.

Thebrownblob

He was a porter and those jobs are kind of weird anyway. They might be able to get away with adding extra work that someone else was doing. Whether it changes things enough to require it being called a new job is the question.
The Porter aspect could change things as we do not have any of those here. But I can’t imagine if it’s a 22.3 job with a bid start time and a job assignment that could be changed very much permanently. The caveat being most of those jobs also put the requirement of work as assigned.

rrhogueiii

we have 2 porter/shuttle 22.3 jobs in bldg.no bids have been hung for several years.