UPS CEO Carol Tomé explains what ‘job number one’ has been during the pandemic

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Carol Tome is doing a great job in doing what she is paid to do in positive results for stock-holders no matter who they are..That matrix of 61% is improving......I am retired and I can remember when that matrix was probably 90% and I can not understand why its not 100%.......If you are unhappy with UPS get out and stop taking up room.....in other words stop crying and scram....

So, you're saying that people who have devoted many years of their adult working lives, who have put up with untold harassment and being overworked, missing important family events, that they are the problem and should leave? Start over from scratch somewhere else just because you don't think people should voice legitimate complaints and try to fight for a better work environment? That's crazy.

Wolv

How exactly is laying off 200 workers in Pennsylvania taking care of UPS employees? Yeah they are management/non union but they are still UPS employees. What she meant to say is job number one is taking care of investors to get them maximum profits no matter what.

How exactly is laying off 200 workers in Pennsylvania taking care of UPS employees? Yeah they are management/non union but they are still UPS employees. What she meant to say is job number one is taking care of investors to get them maximum profits no matter what.
It's taken care of shareholders

And I certainly hope it is good value for the 2023 contract comes up

Karma...

those folks are union people hired out to ups.....in a sense.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Why does a company not give us surveys anymore?

I can tell the answer because they Don't want to hear the real answer

When supervision told me to take the survey I told them I didn’t want to because it was a waste of time. They told me I had to take it so I went in and checked “hard to determine” on every question without even reading the question. I was done with the survey in just a few minutes. The supervisor ask how I got done so quick so I told him. He didn‘t look to happy with me. I told him if I have to take it each year that is what I’m going to do.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
When supervision told me to take the survey I told them I didn’t want to because it was a waste of time. They told me I had to take it so I went in and checked “hard to determine” on every question without even reading the question. I was done with the survey in just a few minutes. The supervisor ask how I got done so quick so I told him. He didn‘t look to happy with me. I told him if I have to take it each year that is what I’m going to do.
But they want to take care of us!

That's the worst answer you can give them. LoL

oldngray

nowhere special
Everything neutral or not negative is counted as positive. Even with the biased questions they still ended up overwhelmingly negative on most things. Plus the comments were useless. The center manager didn't have to power to change most things.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Everything neutral or not negative is counted as positive. Even with the biased questions they still ended up overwhelmingly negative on most things. Plus the comments were useless. The center manager didn't have to power to change most things.

For some reason there was something about answering “hard to determine“ that must’ve pissed them off because at one of our PCM‘s after we got back the results they said that they didn‘t know why there was such a high percentage of hard to determine answers. Supervisor acted like we should know one way or the other about a question.

Karma...

surveys and opinions surveys are just a way for the bosses to manipulate the workers into thinking they matter......just done so people can vent and blow off steam. then back to the mines and fields.......the only thing that matters are your compensations........money money money.........safety costs money as does all those costly recognition programs..........the c.o.h was a colossal waste of time and money......people are paid to do their job so do it ...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS culture has changed a lot over the last 10 years, buts that more a reflection of generational influx than any directed campaign

Until ops and div managers start getting show the door for being bullies, nothing changes

Don't hold your breath

Tomé says “job number one” during the pandemic has been taking care of the company’s half million people. UPS tracked employees’ “likelihood to recommend” as a place to work and found it sat at 51%. “That meant 49% wouldn’t recommend us as a place to work. My hair was on fire. I said no, this is not the place I want to work... So as a leadership team, we set forth a goal to get that metric to 80%.” So far, they’ve gotten it to 61%, but “we’ve got a lot more to do.”
lmao this aged well, maybe she just fired that 49%