UPS combines Information Technology And Engineering Officer Positions

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
  • Accelerates implementation of UPS’s Smart Logistics Network
  • Aligns critical technology and engineering teams in one organization
  • Forms Advanced Technology Group to develop new solutions for customers and UPS operations

UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced the alignment of all technology and engineering functions into one organization and named Juan Perez Chief Information and Engineering Officer. Perez will lead a unified team of UPS engineers and IT professionals, laser-focused on building the company’s Smart Logistics Network of the future. Mark Wallace will continue to lead Global Engineering and Sustainability as a member of the company’s executive Management Committee, reporting to Juan Perez.

UHwHmN-tAoA

Continue reading...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
WOW!
This is a major consolidation and much needed change!
There has always been a tension between IT and IE when it came to Internal Operations Technology.
IE was the owner for all Internal Technology used by Operations.

This should help to have a combined prioritization and symbiotic gains that helps the customer and Operations.

This has been in the works for about 6 or 7 years ... Juan is a very smart man and political enough to make this work!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
From a personal experience ... I was in IE for 10 years and IT for 20 ...

I've been retired for 4 years and this announcement really excited me.

This move is about 20 years overdue.

UPS moved strong IE people into key positions in IT and gave then years to learn and develop in their IT positions.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
From a personal experience ... I was in IE for 10 years and IT for 20 ...

I've been retired for 4 years and this announcement really excited me.

This move is about 20 years overdue.

UPS moved strong IE people into key positions in IT and gave then years to learn and develop in their IT positions.
Calm down