UPS Cutbacks

PCLoadPackage

Preloader start time sin some areas went from 3:45 to 5 and they still want them off the clock by 8:45. Makes total sense load those 1200 pieces in those trucks in 3 hours? Better pick it up nancy

...and keep that Smart Scan percentage above 95%

...and improve your load quality.

Superteeth2478

View attachment 252573

But seriously though, our hub no longer receives or fixes tote boxes because UPS is "trying to save money". Makes dealing with smalls a pain in the arse.

What cutbacks has your hub received?
There are stalls with broken doors in at least two bathrooms in my hub. They're just sitting in the entryway of the stalls. Eh, I'll just hold it. I was disciplined last time I went to the bathroom.

JL 0513

They have plenty of money are are not going broke as some would like people to believe. But that perception is the fallout from not meeting Wall St's expectations on earnings.

For the past 15 years, the average annual net income, minus a couple of odd years, has been just about $4B.

Same as it is today.

Revenue has increased and net profit has not increased similarly, but the net income has not declined.

Dang near every Company in the world would like to net $4B annually.

Meanwhile the Post Office had a net LOSS of $3.9B in 2018. They lose billions every year.

If we at UPS are being stingy with money while enjoying healthy profits, I'd hate to see what it's like working at USPS. Just wait until they start replacing their ancient fleet of vehicles.

KoennenTiger

Meanwhile the Post Office had a net LOSS of $3.9B in 2018. They lose billions every year.

If we at UPS are being stingy with money while enjoying healthy profits, I'd hate to see what it's like working at USPS. Just wait until they start replacing their ancient fleet of vehicles.

Just wait until the USG empire says we don't got any more money we got to pay the pension of every single person alive. UPS worrying about a $10 billion pension deficit USG got a $150 TRILLION deficit.

My plan? Well kid number four on the way and five hundred cans of food in the basement. And that's not good enough

Observer

Isn't there an article in the contract -it's Article 5 - Sanitary Conditions - page 14 (this is the old contract). You can contact OSHA for something like this. What is this thing about rero pay - everyone gets 15% less - this is where there should be an uproar. I say drown them in grievances - then everyone write Hoffa about this 15% thing. Has anyone heard from their locals - I know it's crickets here in the summertime.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Sky is not falling. Porters just cleaned our center bathroom. UPS is flush with cash.

We had a similar situation as this before I retired. Took pictures as it was happening daily but actually worse. Filed a grievance on company not providing sanitary conditions. I also happened to be the union steward. As the meeting progressed both sides started doing their song and dance, so just before they rendered their decision, I presented the pictures. Boy did they question me heavily how I obtained the pictures. Refused to tell them. Ending up winning the grievance cause they knew I would take it further. From that point on, whenever I approached maintenance about a problem, they resolved it immediately. Even the union employees in maintenance would request I handle their grievances.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Good possibility the reason for cost cutting is the retro checks. Company trying to save money to help pay for the cost and help from cutting into their profits as much as possible.