UPS delivery

menotyou

bella amicizia
How the hell do I know how he does it? If I could figure that out, JT would give me a gravy job for sure! All I know is, just as when I was working, he hasn't changed a lick. You, unlike 99% of the people on here, have an avenue to discover just how horrible he is. Your center manager, your BA, your fellow local members. Gee, that would be me. Huh. Go figure.

Borderline 9.5

Sorry, I have to call BS on this one. Unless one driver is delivering the air that the second driver cannot get to on time there is no way PAS/EDD would have two drivers delivering to the same house on the same day. Just think about it for a second---the bullseye is scanned and a PAL applied--how would the system know to PAL one package to me and the other one to you for the same address?

I have a street that the consignee can use two different towns. I will get one town and another driver can get the other and we could deliver at the same time. All ground, there are grey areas

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How the hell do I know how he does it? If I could figure that out, JT would give me a gravy job for sure! All I know is, just as when I was working, he hasn't changed a lick. You, unlike 99% of the people on here, have an avenue to discover just how horrible he is. Your center manager, your BA, your fellow local members. Gee, that would be me. Huh. Go figure.

Why would I care how horrible he is? He's not dispatching in my center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a street that the consignee can use two different towns. I will get one town and another driver can get the other and we could deliver at the same time. All ground, there are grey areas

You have a consignee that can use 2 different zip codes for their home/business address? There is no PDS or system that could fix that.

Indecisi0n

Sorry, I have to call BS on this one. Unless one driver is delivering the air that the second driver cannot get to on time there is no way PAS/EDD would have two drivers delivering to the same house on the same day. Just think about it for a second---the bullseye is scanned and a PAL applied--how would the system know to PAL one package to me and the other one to you for the same address?

Sorry I forgot you know everything. Maybe it's from being in the military.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
BTDT! Screw ups happen. :surprised:

Buck Fifty

Tell us how he is doing it as it impossible to do using PAS/EDD. You simply cannot dispatch 2 or more drivers to the same address on the same day unless one is delivering a premium product that the other cannot get to on time. The PDS will go in to the system and designate which addresses go to which lane based on service level. I cannot deliver much of the air on my area so 2 drivers who deliver out of town will deliver the air on their way to their respective areas. The bullseye will be scanned and PAL generated based upon the data in PAS/EDD.

Other than an add/cut not properly completed or a PDS trying to meet a SPC by purposely sending two drivers to the same address (splitting the delivery up by handwriting the lane numbers) there is no way two or more drivers can be dispatched to the same house on the same day.

Flip label, OPLD error will also cause this phenomena.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
A few years ago our 22.3 got to deliver resi savers that were add cut off my truck to make their 8 hours. We routinely met at the same addresses. Them with their Amazon savers, me with the ground.