UPS Discounts

gamerao

I know about most if not all of the benefits for working at UPS. What I want to know is where you can get discounts for working at UPS and how much.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I save 22% each month on my Verizon Wireless service.

I saved $200 on both my Panasonic Blu-Ray DVD player and Harmon Kardon Receiver and $500 off of my Panasonic Plasma TV w/free shipping.

I received the GM Supplier Discount on both my Colorado and my daughters Cobalt.

As Cement said, some of the discounts are good (not God) and some are not; in fact, there is a disclaimer on the home page of the discounts link stating that we must still be good consumers and that these discounts may not represent the best deal that can be negotiated.

over9five

Staff member
Always do the cell phone service!

Last time I checked Omaha Steaks, their regular price was less than the UPS discount price.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I get a discount on my cell phone accounts as well. I bought a new Ford last November and got it for only $300 more than what a Ford employee pays.

Nockahate9

Do employees get any kind of shipping discount. I have some crap I have to send off and since its crap, I dont mind sending it through our excellent package handling company

rwsmith67

Nockahate, Years ago employees got free shipping, that ended when the wives of drivers who sold Avon, Mary Kay etc. started abusing the privilege.:angry:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Do employees get any kind of shipping discount. I have some crap I have to send off and since its crap, I dont mind sending it through our excellent package handling company
I just got a 5$ discount on shipping a NDA at the ups store. Caveat- I don't know if this is standard or just because I know them as a driver. I'm in there all the time.

Now I get to go back and get my money back since the NDA was 24 hrs late (Not UPS store fault). LOL

Last edited:
I just got a 5$ discount on shipping a NDA at the ups store. Caveat- I don't know if this is standard or just because I know them as a driver. I'm in there all the time.

Now I get to go back and get my money back since the NDA was 24 hrs late (Not UPS store fault). LOL
If I remember right, all UPS employees get a discount from the UPS Store, but not to worry it's the store giving you the discount NOT UPS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We used Omaha Steaks when we were dieting for portion control. We are lucky to have an Omaha Steaks store near us and we avoid shipping & handling charges.

We started using them when someone gave us a gift cert. at Xmas-time. We got an assortment that was specially priced and reasonable. I wouldn't get adventuresome with their other products.....like any of the potatoes..I can make them better myself. They do make an especially good fish (I don't care much for fish). It was a fliet of sole rolled up and stuffed with something like shrimp or crab or scallops, I forget, but it was really tasty.

Things like burgers, forget about it.....you can do better at the grocery store.

I have come to the realization that the steaks in my local grocery store are just as good and lots cheaper........and I now cut them to fit the healthy size we were striving for.

I don't use them anymore.....unless someone gives us a present again.