ups discounts........

teamsterdan

sprint is another, after the ups discount my bill same plan, no changes or hoops to jump through; went from $65+ to $45 @ best......I've noticed most of the hotel discounts are no match for priceline etc.....

mittam

I did get a good break at Best Western in Lex. Ky. I got there and they asked if I had discounts of any type I told them I forgot to see and they let me use the computer there and then gave me 25% off

bear123

Re: ups discouns........

i understand that you need your employee id number which comes off of your paycheck. my problem is i was retired before this site was up and running. so i do not have an id number. any ideas on how to get onto the site/

thanks

If you go to your local Ups HR they should have a record of your employment. Explain to them your situation and they should be able to help you. Have an ID ready like your driver's licence.

good luck and congrats on your retirement. By the way once you get your employee ID you should be able to sign up on UPsers

ImStillHere

Re: ups discouns........

it seems not many people know about the discounts through liberty mutual ins. co. we switched our home and auto ins. to them and as a ups employee we saved 55%! or course not everyone will save that much but,we were really overpaying before.:)
I tried to go through liberty and they wanted to charge me $300 a month for car insurance!! The guy actually told "If you want to buy the plan call me back.... but I hope you go elsewhere!"
I used UPS discount when I bought by car however, and I got a great deal on financing, and they gave me money down, so it worked out pretty well.

M

Muppet

Hi, I'm a feeder driver in the UK and I'm going on Holiday to the US in September. I was hoping one of you guys could tell me what Employee discounrts are available for UPSers over there and as I work in the UK, wether I'd be entitled to them? Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
Also does anybody know if there is a similar site to this and UPSers.com for UK residents as I'm unable to use UPSers.com as a UK resident?
Thanks guys

browndevil

Hi, I'm a feeder driver in the UK and I'm going on Holiday to the US in September. I was hoping one of you guys could tell me what Employee discounrts are available for UPSers over there and as I work in the UK, wether I'd be entitled to them? Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
Also does anybody know if there is a similar site to this and UPSers.com for UK residents as I'm unable to use UPSers.com as a UK resident?
Thanks guys
Where in the U.S. will you be visiting?

M

Muppet

Well I'm definatley not visiting chicago lol. Nah I'm starting in Denver CO, Driving up through Nebraska into South Dakota to Mt Rushmore, then west through Wyoming to Yellowstone. Passing Through Montana, Idaho, Large seions of Utah Including a long stay in Salt Lake city, then back hrough the Rockies to Denver.
Visiting several National parks if we get a discount there? Also any restaurants, food stores Gas stations (Not likely im guessing lol). Paticularl interested in clothing stores that offer discounts for UPSers in Salt Lake City UT and Denver CO and will I be able to use any with being a non resident of the US?
Thanx for all the responses so far guys, all help greatly appreciated

Muppet

PS While driving through NV i saw several UPS tractors pulling 3 trailers!! Is this common in the US?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While driving through NV i saw several UPS tractors pulling 3 trailers!! Is this common in the US?

Triples are legal only west of the Mississippi and I believe the driver(s) get an extra $1/hr to pull triples. I have been told it looks like a big brown snake going down the interstate. I'll stay in pkg car, thank you very much.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
PS While driving through NV i saw several UPS tractors pulling 3 trailers!! Is this common in the US?

Triples are legal in Utah, Nev and only the northwest corner of Az. I am not sure about the more northern states such as Mont, Wy, etc.

browndevil

Well I'm definatley not visiting chicago lol. Nah I'm starting in Denver CO, Driving up through Nebraska into South Dakota to Mt Rushmore, then west through Wyoming to Yellowstone. Passing Through Montana, Idaho, Large seions of Utah Including a long stay in Salt Lake city, then back hrough the Rockies to Denver.
Visiting several National parks if we get a discount there? Also any restaurants, food stores Gas stations (Not likely im guessing lol). Paticularl interested in clothing stores that offer discounts for UPSers in Salt Lake City UT and Denver CO and will I be able to use any with being a non resident of the US?
Thanx for all the responses so far guys, all help greatly appreciated

Muppet

No triples here in California. I was hoping you would be visiting here so I can help you out. It looks like you are going to be seeing some beautiful scenery on your road trip. I was last in Salt Lake City in 2003. It is the cleanest city I have ever been to. Really friendly people too. The city went through major reconstruction because of the 2002 winter games so there are lots of shops and restaurants downtown:happy2:

Hi. I'd just like to say that I Have been retired from UPS for 1 1/2 years. I got locked out of UPSers.com, but I do still have some of the discounts I already had before retiring. I can't go to the places through upsers, but had them set up in favorites and already had passwords setup. I will still use them as long as I can. It really disappoints me that we can't get the discounts we used to get.

Tiny Panda

You guys not get a discount for shipping over there? In the UK we get 80% discount on domestic and European shipping and 60-70% on international

Also when i was in NYC in Sept '08 we went into the Apple store and whilst talking to an assistant we happened to mention about delivering loads of ipods etc and they said if we had our ID then we could have got 20% off