ups discounts........

N

no name

does anyone know how to get a list of companies that give UPS discounts to employees and retirees..........

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
Re: ups discouns........

Yup upsers.com is your source for that..
be careful many of the "discounts" aren't that great.

But there are a few that are awesome.
Verizon is good, we get one of the best discounts other than
Verizon Employee Discount.

opie

There are some good discounts. Like from Dell, where I got 16% off a laptop. The auto discounts are good too if you are looking to purchase a car. It is best to compare first before buying, so you know that you are really getting a discount. Like with Ohama Steaks, you are actually paying more with a discount!

DS

Fenderbender

I saved $80 a year in car insurance...but buying a dell ,can be a nightmare if it needs repair

retired2000

i understand that you need your employee id number which comes off of your paycheck. my problem is i was retired before this site was up and running. so i do not have an id number. any ideas on how to get onto the site/

thanks

ups79

sorry, like the rest of us, once you retire you no longer have an id. hell you can't even get "Inside UPS".

InTheRed

opie said:
There are some good discounts. Like from Dell, where I got 16% off a laptop. The auto discounts are good too if you are looking to purchase a car. It is best to compare first before buying, so you know that you are really getting a discount. Like with Ohama Steaks, you are actually paying more with a discount!

I thought omaha steaks gave a mega discount to us. is everything there a ripoff, or just certain items?

laborer

Anonymous Coward said:
We actually get 17% off of Cingular.

Sorry for the mis-info. Those numbers all look alike anymore...no wonder it's getting harder to finish work everyday.

another#

greenhorn

I agree that some of the discounts are bogus... how many snowboards have you bought this year? I think we get discounts from two snowboard websites.

rexnren

it seems not many people know about the discounts through liberty mutual ins. co. we switched our home and auto ins. to them and as a ups employee we saved 55%! or course not everyone will save that much but,we were really overpaying before.:)

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

I saved $80 a year in car insurance...but buying a dell ,can be a nightmare if it needs repair
We've got 2 dell laptops and have been very happy with their tech service. They have sent techs to our house 3 times in the last year to replace a mother board and a couple of other parts we broke. Our family is pretty rough on laptops... :blush:

Since my husband left UPS a couple of years ago we couldn't use any UPS discounts but we did get a good deal through Costco's online store. A really good 3 year on site service contract is included in the Costco price for several models. Another good thing about buying from Costco online is that for 6 months you can return it to any Costco store and get a full refund.

beentheredonethat

We've got 2 dell laptops and have been very happy with their tech service. They have sent techs to our house 3 times in the last year to replace a mother board and a couple of other parts we broke. Our family is pretty rough on laptops... :blush:

Since my husband left UPS a couple of years ago we couldn't use any UPS discounts but we did get a good deal through Costco's online store. A really good 3 year on site service contract is included in the Costco price for several models. Another good thing about buying from Costco online is that for 6 months you can return it to any Costco store and get a full refund.

I haven't shopped at Costco even though from hearing from you, Dannyboy and others. I'm definitely thinking of joining. My brother shops there and he says they are by far the best for returns.

opie

Costco has a 100% guarantee on all of their merchandise. They have a lifetime return policy on everything except for computers. You can return desktop and notebook computers within six months from the date of purchase.

rngri4

I thought omaha steaks gave a mega discount to us. is everything there a ripoff, or just certain items?

Their weekly specials without a discount are even cheaper than buying something with the discount...the weekly specials are the way to go.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Verizon is a nice dicount but it takes awhile to show up on your bill if you have an account with them already. In my experience, you need to be diligent watching the Verizon billing. The discount is nice but they changed my service plan and that took awhile to get back to what I had when I filed for a discount.

I have also found that discounts are better for accessories in a OFFICIAL store than online using UPS or at one of the contracted service providers in a shopping mall. I upgrade to blue tooth and I purchased my ear piece in an official store. I was afraid that I spent too much $$$ and I was assured that I could return it if the UPS discount was better than the store price. Needless to say...when I arrived home...I checked...the item was not returned.

I do have experience with the J&R discount. I have emailed our contact and I waited for his reply. I usually end up having to waste time calling this person to be very unimpressed with the discount.

I did place a order for an item that arrived defective. I returned it immediately. The returning process was more difficult because my salesperson was the UPS contact. I returned the item following all the "rules" and waited between three and four weeks for the credit to appear on my credit card. I was ready to dispute the charges and gathered all the information to provide my credit card provider with my first piece of documentation the email that UPS sends indicating the shipment was delivered (returned).

They bill your credit card days before the item ships and in the case of a return...I would advise to watch and be prepared to dispute. This was my first experience with them and I hope it was an isolated experience.

I was pleased to see B&H added as a vendor. I have purchased items from them in the past and I have not used the UPS option for them yet. However, I know I will try it.

This is my first post. This is my favorite subject. SHOPPING.