Ups doesn't wash my uniforms

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I leave them at the building but they never get washed and I have to put in a new order every week. is that my responsibility?

Seriously though, anyone around when the co. Started putting the not even a write off cost on us? Seems like that might of been the day the company put a leash on the teamsters
They wash them here.

I leave mine in the oms office, my boxers, T shirts and socks as well.

She even uses those Gain scented crystals & the fabric softener I like.

Guess it depends what supplement you're under??

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I leave them at the building but they never get washed and I have to put in a new order every week. is that my responsibility?

Seriously though, anyone around when the co. Started putting the not even a write off cost on us? Seems like that might of been the day the company put a leash on the teamsters

The company washes mine.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Local 25 has always allowed drivers to wear their uniforms home.
During negotiations decades ago, the local brought up the question of was UPS going to pay the workers for the time to change in & out of their required uniforms.
UPS said no.

Every time some visiting management type shows up and sees all the drivers reporting for the day in uniform, they tend to freakout.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Local 25 has always allowed drivers to wear their uniforms home.
During negotiations decades ago, the local brought up the question of was UPS going to pay the workers for the time to change in & out of their required uniforms.
UPS said no.

Every time some visiting management type shows up and sees all the drivers reporting for the day in uniform, they tend to freakout.
My local never said a word about coming and going in uniform. I never even knew it was a thing till I saw it mentioned on here.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The vast majority of W-2 workers can’t deduct unreimbursed employee expenses in 2022. The Tax Cut and Jobs Act (TCJA) eliminated unreimbursed employee expense deductions for all but a handful of protected groups.

The TCJA restriction lasts until 2026, when miscellaneous itemized deductions are slated to return for all employees.

Unreimbursed employee expenses don’t apply to those who aren’t classified as employees. Therefore, independent contractors and other business owners can deduct ordinary and necessary business expenses.
Thanks Trump for taking care of your Business Cronies and leaving the regular people hanging....

Before you reply you better look it up who was responsible for The TCJA...Mitch McConnell is quoted saying "we are not interested in re-visiting the 2017 Tax Act"

Okay enough politics...

Red Headed Stranger

Thanks Trump for taking care of your Business Cronies and leaving the regular people hanging....

Before you reply you better look it up who was responsible for The TCJA...Mitch McConnell is quoted saying "we are not interested in re-visiting the 2017 Tax Act"

Okay enough politics...
Actually, Trump was responsible for shaving taxes for both individuals and businesses by cutting the tax brackets for individuals by a minimum of 3% (now 12%, was 15% pre-Trump/now 22%, was 25% pre-Trump). As a driver, if you make $100,000 per year, you are paying $3,000 less in Federal taxes. This more than makes up for the measly deduction for $1,500 worth of union dues (tax on the $1,500 would have been $375.00 if you were in the 25% tax bracket). Also, you had to have enough to itemize deductions in order to even deduct your union dues. Most individuals and families do not have enough to itemize.

Actually, Trump was responsible for shaving taxes for both individuals and businesses by cutting the tax brackets for individuals by a minimum of 3% (now 12%, was 15% pre-Trump/now 22%, was 25% pre-Trump). As a driver, if you make $100,000 per year, you are paying $3,000 less in Federal taxes. This more than makes up for the measly deduction for $1,500 worth of union dues (tax on the $1,500 would have been $375.00 if you were in the 25% tax bracket). Also, you had to have enough to itemize deductions in order to even deduct your union dues. Most individuals and families do not have enough to itemize.
I believe the standard reduction is going up another $2,000 next year

Red Headed Stranger

I believe the standard reduction is going up another $2,000 next year
The federal tax rate schedules get bumped every year. For 2022, the breakover point for a married couple filing jointly went from $81,050 taxable income to $83,550 before they bump into the 24% tax bracket from the 22% tax bracket. The standard deduction for a married couple filing jointly also went from $25,100 in 2021 to $25,900 in 2022.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Whatcha' talkin' bout' Willis?

Up In Smoke

It's too bad those tax breaks ended up as hundreds of billions of deficit.