UPS driver accused of driving under the influence

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm certain other centers across the country see this but it still amazes me that UPS doesn't drug test. There are drivers in my building who come to work tripping balls and high as a kite. What you do on your own time on your off days, is a person's prerogative and that's on them, but to bring it to work or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol that's just reckless. UPS should terminate them but I suppose if they did that, the company would lose half it's workforce.
And the Teamsters would get their job back just like they did with this poor lady.

Waldo

I'm certain other centers across the country see this but it still amazes me that UPS doesn't drug test. There are drivers in my building who come to work tripping balls and high as a kite. What you do on your own time on your off days, is a person's prerogative and that's on them, but to bring it to work or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol that's just reckless. UPS should terminate them but I suppose if they did that, the company would lose half it's workforce.

So true. On my first day of work we had that boring classroom setting and the teacher flat out told us that UPS doesn’t drug test or do randoms because if they did they wouldn’t have any workers. The whole class was on the floor laughing. I can see not drug testing the packages handlers unless they come to work messed up, but the drivers should be subjected to randoms especially if it’s obvious their under the influence when they show up to work.

Undertow

I've encountered customers that openly wonder if some of the drivers they have seen are operating impaired as they have been seen routinely driving around in circles and often stop 3 or 4 different times on their street over the course of the day.

I tell them they are operating under the influence...OF ORION!!!