UPS driver charged with cell phone theft

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver charged with cell phone theft - Daily News Transcript

Police arrested a United Parcel Service driver and another man and charged them with larceny over $250 and conspiracy to commit larceny after UPS in Norwood noticed that cell phones slated for delivery were going missing.

In all, police recovered stolen property valued at $2,900, including wireless routers and a number of cell phones.

rod

Retired 22 years
cell phones-cell phones-cell phones--------don't anyone steal anything besides cell phones? :peaceful:

Channahon

Understanding the driver is 42 years old, I'm guessing he's been around a while. UPS continually uses technology to streamline processes and provide visibility to our customer and shippers, what was he thinking?

That he wouldn't get caught not delivering packages that were loaded onto his car?

The silver Lexus might have been a stolen car!

brownrodster

I cannot even imagine why a FT driver would even consider stealing a pkg.

But then I remember when I worked in the hub and someone came to the customer counter to pick up something. He just stared at the boxes and drooled and asked how we could work around boxes without wanting to open all of them. I just told him that the boxes are full of random garbage to me. It's just a bunch of junk as far as I'm concerned.

chev

Nightcrawler
What an idiot! He deserves to lose his job and spend time in jail. I will never understand how someone can risk the loss of a great paying job for petty theft. I hope it was worth it.

chev

Nightcrawler
I cannot even imagine why a FT driver would even consider stealing a pkg.

But then I remember when I worked in the hub and someone came to the customer counter to pick up something. He just stared at the boxes and drooled and asked how we could work around boxes without wanting to open all of them. I just told him that the boxes are full of random garbage to me. It's just a bunch of junk as far as I'm concerned.

Sounds like the customer had the dishonest mind of a thief. Too many people have no honor these days. It's so sad.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Just another :censored2: gettin greedy :greedy: over frivilous smile*. Should have learned that nothin in the truck is worth givin up the job over. Good luck to him finding another good paying job in this present economy. About a month ago a driver in my building was pinched having stolen an iphone. 20 years down the drain. They let him resign.