UPS Driver Has The Sweetest Relationship With All The Pups On HIs Route

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Driver Has The Sweetest Relationship With All The Pups On His Route - The Dodo

For as long as he can remember, Scott Hodges has loved pit bulls. He used to have a pittie of his own, Sheba, but after 15 years she passed away in 2004.

Luckily, Hodges has been a UPS driver for the past 32 years, and gets to see pit bulls every single day as he goes along his route. He sees lots of animals on the job, including a very friendly pig, but he’s always had a particular soft spot for the pit bulls. He’s gotten to know them all over the years — and they love him just as much as he loves them.

“I know most, but not all, of the pitties by name,” Hodges told The Dodo.

Every day, as Hodges does his UPS route, he stops to say hi to his pit bull friends (and all the other dogs, too). They know who he is by now and are always waiting for him, because they know Hodges can always be counted on to give them love and treats.

Many insurance companies won’t even give coverage to home owners who own pit bulls. Many states have banned pit bulls. If you own a pit bull and have a child under 18, you should be jailed. Pit bull owners are ALWAYS the worst dog owners. Pit bull is the number 1 dog to be put in a shelter.

JJinVA

Many insurance companies won’t even give coverage to home owners who own pit bulls. Many states have banned pit bulls. If you own a pit bull and have a child under 18, you should be jailed. Pit bull owners are ALWAYS the worst dog owners. Pit bull is the number 1 dog to be put in a shelter.

There was a driver at another center near ours who got attacked by a pit. Fell down trying to get away and the pit got him on the neck.

And you're right, it's always the dumbest most irresponsible dog owners, beating the dog to look tough etc. Pits and Rottweilers should be banned for the same reason that lions are.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Thank God you were able to get all those women off your lap for a second so you could type

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have 33 years of experience delivering packages and dealing with other people’s dogs and I can tell you that I am way more comfortable around pit bulls than I am with German Shepherds or Chows. I have never had a bad experience with a pit bull.

I have 33 years of experience delivering packages and dealing with other people’s dogs and I can tell you that I am way more comfortable around pit bulls than I am with German Shepherds or Chows. I have never had a bad experience with a pit bull.
And you’d be in the minority. Fact is pit bulls are dangerous. I hope one doesn’t prove me right and you wrong some day. America’s civil courts are inundated with pit bull attacks and lawsuits. A pit bull I repeat is the number 1 dog to be dropped off at a shelter! Punks own pit bulls,

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
And you’d be in the minority. Fact is pit bulls are dangerous. I hope one doesn’t prove me right and you wrong some day. America’s civil courts are inundated with pit bull attacks and lawsuits. A pit bull I repeat is the number 1 dog to be dropped off at a shelter! Punks own pit bulls,
I had a pit bull for 15 years.
She shared a bed with a toy poodle and a cat.
My kids loved her. The neighbor kids loved her.
I’m not a punk. The folks on my route who have pit bulls aren’t punks.
You are just plain wrong.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
My pit bull is a sweetheart, loving everyone. Broad statement you paint there, incorrectly.

Mutineer

Bulldogs were/are specifically bred to latch onto a person with it's jaws, take a horrible beating, and NOT let go. This is the major difference between bulldogs and all other breeds. If the bulldog is big enough, a fair amount of the human population (children/elderly) will be unable to physically get to help in order to remove the animal. This problem is compounded if the animal is big and powerful enough to get a person horizontal, get to the throat, or puncture arteries.

Irresponsible breeding practices with pit bulls often result in inbreeding. The problem with this is mental illness and cognitive problems.
Power, persistence, and stupidity are a terrible triad.

Any dog can latch onto a person and cause injury or death. The difference is that most dogs are smart or small enough to let go with much less force or persuasion.

This does not make pit bulls bad dogs. It only means that they have the capacity to be far more lethal for the reasons described above.