UPS driver nears retirement after 45 years and 4 million miles on the road

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver nears retirement after 45 years and 4 million miles on the road - Fox 10

For a 74-year-old Valley man, it's time for retirement after logging more than four million miles on the road for UPS.

It's a rare accomplishment to not only stay at one company for 45 years, but UPS says there isn’t anyone who rivals Paul Scott’s accomplishments, including his millions of miles driven.

Now, he's ready to park his truck and celebrate his achievements.

"It is the best job, it is the best job," Scott remarked.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I believe after age 70 you get automatic pension payments. Add to that he maxed on social security. The guy was earning big!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Sad when someone has nothing else to live for but UPS. I retire last year at 57. When I get 74 I will have been retired 17 yrs from UPS. I sure didn’t say “ this is the best job” on my way out. I didn’t say a word. I just walked out the last day after my route with no mention or recognition that it was even my last day. That’s the way I wanted to leave, but to each their own.
I bet this guy will be one of those guys that goes back to his center every once in awhile to visit.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sad when someone has nothing else to live for but UPS. I retire last year at 57. When I get 74 I will have been retired 17 yrs from UPS. I sure didn’t say “ this is the best job” on my way out. I didn’t say a word. I just walked out the last day after my route with no mention or recognition that it was even my last day. That’s the way I wanted to leave, but to each their own.
I bet this guy will be one of those guys that goes back to his center every once in awhile to visit.
I've been retired almost 20 years. Retired at 53. I was in my old building about 3 years ago for the first time since I walked out to ship something that was to go "UPS " only. I didn't know anyone there at the time and nobody knew me--------------perfect.