UPS delivery driver hangs up brown uniform after 46 years

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

UPS delivery driver hangs up brown uniform after 46 years - Montana Standard

When Tim Rowe started washing trucks part time at the United Parcel Service when he was 18 years old, he couldn’t have predicted that it would end in over 1 million miles, 38 years of safe driving, and 46 years of service.

Rowe still remembers the day he started at UPS: April 14, 1976.

“I was graduating from high school at the time, and I had no idea what I wanted to do,” Rowe said. “As far as career goes, I [knew] college was not for me.”

Rowe said UPS drivers had to be 21 years old, so he spent three years washing trucks until he was old enough. And sure enough, after he turned 21, he began driving a UPS delivery truck.

He beat my record by one year, I hope his body is in good shape. I got a stress fracture in one of my metatarsals stepping out of my package car one day. That was the point I figured to pick a retirement date, I'm not going to limp around in pain the rest of my life.
I'm glad you finally made it out my friend

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Every time i see one of these stories I feel sorry for the guy. WHY? WHY? WHY?

Did not work one day longer than I had to. been enjoying every minute of retirement.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
He beat my record by one year, I hope his body is in good shape. I got a stress fracture in one of my metatarsals stepping out of my package car one day. That was the point I figured to pick a retirement date, I'm not going to limp around in pain the rest of my life.
Get back in there Scratch! Don't wimp out!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

UPS delivery driver hangs up brown uniform after 46 years - Montana Standard

When Tim Rowe started washing trucks part time at the United Parcel Service when he was 18 years old, he couldn’t have predicted that it would end in over 1 million miles, 38 years of safe driving, and 46 years of service.

Rowe still remembers the day he started at UPS: April 14, 1976.

“I was graduating from high school at the time, and I had no idea what I wanted to do,” Rowe said. “As far as career goes, I [knew] college was not for me.”

Rowe said UPS drivers had to be 21 years old, so he spent three years washing trucks until he was old enough. And sure enough, after he turned 21, he began driving a UPS delivery truck.
38 years of safe driving 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Karma...

follow the methods.....fill a one gallon container halfway and top it off with water....dont run....steady will see you thru....I know its easy to say but I did it with no problem....also good grippy shoes.....those ice cleats are dangerous

quad decade guy

I won't get near 46 years. I have 41. Two more to go. I'll(probably) have 34 years safe driving.

Every time i see one of these stories I feel sorry for the guy. WHY? WHY? WHY?

Did not work one day longer than I had to. been enjoying every minute of retirement.
Had to. I don't have to do anything. Want to is another way of putting it.

You do realize I'm not you or you me. Applying your sense of what's right for someone else and their circumstances is ok. But, the same can be said about you. Trust me-there are way many folks who wouldn't be you or me....even if they were paid.

Why? Why? Why? Well, the guy said an education wasn't for him.....it put him a box that took 46 years to get out of....his way.

I know janitors/trash men whatever that had 50 year careers. Mechanics. Each has their own story and reasons. Some work till they die. They did it their way. Pity is a 2 way street.
follow the methods.....fill a one gallon container halfway and top it off with water....dont run....steady will see you thru....I know its easy to say but I did it with no problem....also good grippy shoes.....those ice cleats are dangerous
Gonna take way more than "methods" to last 46 years. Way more luck than methods. IMO. Ask me how I know.

beatupbrown

I am in the camp why why, your life has a stop watch why spend so much time in one spot when you can walk away with enough pension to live happy .Yes I know some will say this that to justify some folks just like working ?