New Paris’ only UPS driver retires after 39 years

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
New Paris’ only UPS driver retires after 39 years - WNDU

Known as “George the UPS man,” George Doi has been the only UPS driver in New Paris, Indiana since 1988.

George delivered his last truck of packages before retirement on Christmas Eve.

“It’s kind of exciting you know I’m just ready to move into a different step of my life you know the job’s changed so much, and it’s a lot more work and once you hit sixty, your legs don’t want to go in and out of the truck 200 times a day,” said George.

New Paris residents put out hundreds of signs displayed in yards and window fronts to thank George, while greeting him during his deliveries.

Pets also came out to show their support, like Rizzo, who runs out to meet George every time he delivers a package.

New Paris’ only UPS driver retires after 39 years - WNDU

Known as “George the UPS man,” George Doi has been the only UPS driver in New Paris, Indiana since 1988.

George delivered his last truck of packages before retirement on Christmas Eve.

“It’s kind of exciting you know I’m just ready to move into a different step of my life you know the job’s changed so much, and it’s a lot more work and once you hit sixty, your legs don’t want to go in and out of the truck 200 times a day,” said George.

New Paris residents put out hundreds of signs displayed in yards and window fronts to thank George, while greeting him during his deliveries.

Pets also came out to show their support, like Rizzo, who runs out to meet George every time he delivers a package.
He probably would have went for 40 years if his company didn't beat the crap out everyone