(UPS Driver ) New Lenox Man Crushed To Death At Loading Dock

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The chances of him getting down off the dock and to the airlines before it hit something was zero... when someone panics their mind can do very strange things that they usually would never think about EVER following through on...so sad

Unfortunately the guy panicked, had an "Oh :censored2:" moment, and just reacted.

He wasn't trying to be a hero. So sad to hear.

RIP driver.

Smashmouth

Even back in the day when I was just a shifter on the preload, I always worried about backing in to someone. The hectic pace of the unloaders coming out of a box and picking up boxes that had fallen off the rollers. The radios and fans drowning out my horn. There really needs to be back up cameras on the back of every trailer, just like our package cars.

F

Frankie's Friend

I always wondered why trailers dont have reverse lights. Illumination at the rear of the trailer when backing would be huge and a clear sign that the trailer is moving or going to move.

It is irrelevant in this case but it would be a plus over all.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We have said this many times here. It can happen to anyone at anytime. Distraction , fatigue........many reasons.

A fellow driver and I were just talking about something like this the other day. It's almost impossible to have 100% focus 100% of the time . It's something you have to work for every day of your life.

So sad and prayers to the family.