(UPS Driver ) New Lenox Man Crushed To Death At Loading Dock

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by crazyeyes, Aug 29, 2018.

1. crazyeyes

crazyeyes Member

New Lenox Man Crushed To Death At Loading Dock

[​IMG]

BOLINGBROOK, IL - A 55-year-old man from New Lenox died Tuesday evening in Bolingbrook after authorities say he was caught between two trucks and one of the trucks began rolling. On Wednesday morning, the Bolingbrook Police Department announced that the victim was identified as Thomas Mulka, a resident of New Lenox. The incident happened in the 100 block of East Crossroads Parkway, which was the location of the Vistar business. The fatality involved a UPS truck

2. crazyeyes

crazyeyes Member

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Ouch

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. rickyb

rickyb Well-Known Member

how did this happen?

i used to work on the railway and alot of the danger was they were too cheap to design the equipment safely

5. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Not setting the parking brake.

6. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

I am seeing a lot of feeder-involved mishaps in the news lately... Maybe it's a result of hiring off the street. Truckers in the US (especially logging trucks) have a notoriously awful track record. Most are used to getting paid by the mile. Incentivized unsafe driving.

7. rickyb

rickyb Well-Known Member

i read trucking industry was deregulated

i heard something about nafta allowing dangerous drivers from mexico to drive in america

8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

He was a driver at Cach....and a Circle of Honor member.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. bleedinbrown58

Yup.

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I am very careful when beside or around trailers. I don't like when guys hook/unhook up while I am cranking landing gear or walking g between tractors.

11. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Do you know if the man killed was another driver or a dock worker???

12. Coldworld

I think everyone once or twice forget to set their brakes... you just don’t expect it to kill somebody...sorry to hear that you know this driver....

13. Coldworld

I also know that mgt has been dogging on drivers about pull times....and some of these newer drivers, especially guys that only were pc drivers for a year or two still have that go go mentality....this is also part of the problem

14. bleedinbrown58

It didn’t happen on UPS property. But the deceased was a UPS feeder driver who had a rollaway.

15. Coldworld

Oh man... sorry to hear this BB....horrible news

16. bleedinbrown58

He might have been okay.....but he allegedly jumped off the dock to chase it when he realized the truck was rolling and was crushed between his rolling trailer and the one parked next to his.

17. Coldworld

The chances of him getting down off the dock and to the airlines before it hit something was zero... when someone panics their mind can do very strange things that they usually would never think about EVER following through on...so sad

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  18. bleedinbrown58

I wasn’t there. Allegedly that’s what happened. It doesn’t really matter now, what’s done is done. Prayers to his family.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

It's those 'runner' feeder drivers.

20. Covemastah

Covemastah And the Reign Of Terror Continues!! Pats # 6 !!!

rip sir and my sympathies to his family and friends , how sad !!!:(