UPS dropped the ball

jlphotog

all ya'll speak this language? I dont see one English word in this post

I don't what happened to the original and second post in this threads. They were English when I read them yesterday.

If you want to see the English version, click on the link supplied in the first post and scroll down a ways. Or read the quoted text in dragracer66's or hoser's or speeddemon's posts.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I feel for you RockyRogue.

Many of us "old timers" have gone way past our job classifications to provide "SERVICE" to our customers. In 1991, here in Iowa, we had a snow storm hit us the week of Christmas. I was delivering out of a rental for peek. I said the heck with that and used my brand new 1992 Ford 4X4 pickup with a topper to deliver for the week. UPS paid me mileage and what ever the daily rental fee for renting the useless van. I even delivered the sixth day that peek (Saturday) to get things cleaned up.

I'm not any better than any one else on this sight or with our company. I'm just trying to show the customer here that we UPS drivers do try everything in our power to get the packages delivered and don't ask for any thing in return. So many things that we UPS drivers do don't get recognized by any one. We just do it.

reydluap

Service is what keeps great companies running, friend. Leaving packages in the lobby? STUPID!!!! My drivers may be frustrated and peeved, but they'd throw my Caucasian a** off the car if I did that!!!! Everything in our power? Drivers and helpers are busting humps to clear the backlog. Like I've said in previous posts, Denver's package car operation is strained to the limit. And just so you all know, I haven't had a truly irate customer yet. I mentioned one that vented some frustration but that's it. Most have just smiled and thanked me.

I, too, am no better than anyone else on this site or with our company. Its maddening when people like Blizzard 1 come on this site and lambast our company when its employees and system are red-lining to serve them. At the other end of the spectrum, its heartening when other employees come to our defense. Thanks again all!!! Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I can tell you for the 20 years that I have have been a driver,UPS would be the only people out there working in those conditions.That is the way the company is. Packages first, employees last:confused:1

I'd disagree with the statement about "packages first, employees last." Its SERVICE!!!! Without it, we'd just be another FedEx or DHL.

dammor

I'd disagree with the statement about "packages first, employees last." Its SERVICE!!!! Without it, we'd just be another FedEx or DHL.

You are very new Rocky. Packages first and employees last is a fact, and if you ever get past the helper job you will have a better understanding as to how UPS works. Yes we provide the best service, but as a driver you will risk your life trying to get a package containing a bra from Walmart to a customer on roads that are too slick to even walk on. Most customers understand what is important, some think we are bad because the poor spoiled child didn't get the present that would have made them happy for a day or two. We work hard and do our best everyday. We also have kids who would love to actually see us once in awhile. There are times when we feel forced into situations that are far beyond safe. You can say no, but that would require a new job search. Some will say the union will save you. That's a maybe and could take months if ever.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You are very new Rocky. Packages first and employees last is a fact, and if you ever get past the helper job you will have a better understanding as to how UPS works. Yes we provide the best service, but as a driver you will risk your life trying to get a package containing a bra from Walmart to a customer on roads that are too slick to even walk on. Most customers understand what is important, some think we are bad because the poor spoiled child didn't get the present that would have made them happy for a day or two. We work hard and do our best everyday. We also have kids who would love to actually see us once in awhile. There are times when we feel forced into situations that are far beyond safe. You can say no, but that would require a new job search. Some will say the union will save you. That's a maybe and could take months if ever.

I was an inside employee for awhile in a hub outside Chicago. I know how UPS operates from that and my brother being a part-time sup. Being on-road has been an eye-opener, I'll admit that. I could never drive for UPS after seeing the smileT you deal with everyday in terms of stupid drivers, traffic, etc. Just a general compliment to all UPS drivers: I've never felt safer in a vehicle moving in the snow than I did with a UPS driver during that blizzard. You guys are incredible!!!!!!! Rocky

B

blizzard two and a half

Hey Blizzard 1
Just file a dang claim already then shut the H E double hockey sticks UP!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This whiner has been shredded like a block of Wisconsin Cheese. By the way, pushing 50 degrees today. I think winter forgot about us here in Eastern WI.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Ask your 6 year old what she got for Christmas. I'm sure the missing gift would be laying in a corner ignored like all the other gifts by now. God forbid we ever let our children face disappointment.

lostintransit

This is so true. While it's unfortunate blizz that your daughter did not get her package in time, a lot of the UPS drivers take pride in a job well done. Last year at peak, my husband had a route that included lots of rural hilly roads covered in snow. More than a few times I went out and met him with our 4x4 truck just so that he could get the packages delivered. It was a matter of pride with him to get them delivered. And, trust me I wasn't all that keen on going out after I finished my job, but it was important to him. So please don't let one service failure affect your total opinion of UPS.

colomike

Okay, I have to weigh in. I'll buy into all the defense of UPS, but why can't they put something on the web site that explains where there are bottlenecks, and when they will be cleared? My Denver-bound package has been sitting in Hodgkins, Illinois since the 26th of December (it left Buffalo, New York on the 21st). The tracking site says "caused by weather delays". Know what my biggest gripe is, besides not getting a delivery?? UPS's lack of any explanation. I mean, as far as I know, the weather hasn't been a factor for days now, but nothing moves and there's no explanation. Will it be two weeks, two days? A month? How long until it's back on track? Why not put some general info on the main web site, instead of releasing press info that everything is fine and thank god UPS averted any delays.

colomike

Why can't UPS put something on their web site's home page about certain offices being delayed, instead of saying that everything is fine?? My package left on the 21st from NY and is still, as of this morning, sitting in Hodgkins, Illinois since the 26th. Tracking site says "weather caused delays", but what weather, where? Denver's been clear forever. I can't find any real reason, and although there probably is a good reason, I'm too old to think things don't get lost. So again, how hard would it be to provide an explanation on the main web site?

In fact, if anyone knows what's going on in Hodgkins, I'd sure like to know!!!!

Fredless

APWA Hater
Why can't UPS put something on their web site's home page about certain offices being delayed, instead of saying that everything is fine?? My package left on the 21st from NY and is still, as of this morning, sitting in Hodgkins, Illinois since the 26th. Tracking site says "weather caused delays", but what weather, where? Denver's been clear forever. I can't find any real reason, and although there probably is a good reason, I'm too old to think things don't get lost. So again, how hard would it be to provide an explanation on the main web site?

You consider 3-4 days forever? Man howdy are you going to be bored when you die.

Why do my housing taxes keep going up?
Why did I get cancelled by my housing insurance company and now forced to get citizens and my housing insurance tripled?
Why does UPS punish me for being a good worker and expect me to do more more more?

There are a lot of things I wish would happen and they don't. Call and ask about it, and get over it. Be happy you have your family and NOT YOUR STUFF RIGHT NOW. FOR GOD SAKES WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ITS LIKE TO WALK IN OUR SHOES LEAVE THE DAMN DENVER GUYS ALONE!! I work in 95+ degree heat in the summer with 90% humidity here in Florida, but I'd NEVER trade it off for what they're going through.

Lifes a bitch, and then you die.

colomike

:thumbup1: Hey, that reply was helpful. Not. I've called five times, and no one there can tell me anything, nor can they tell me where to find info on where the problem is. I mean, my package is stuck, but UPS is putting out press releases that everything is fine.

The workers may be great, and it may be a great company, but how about a little customer service, as in, tell us what's going on.....? Is that really too much to ask?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Another poster theorized blizzards on the Eastern Plains have delayed westbound trains. Your above complaint supports it.

And listen, dumba**, DENVER IS RUNNING FULL OUT!!!! I'm a temp, supposed to be released December 23rd. Guess what? I'm STILL working!!! Leave us alone. People like you make my life hell when I'm delivering and they complain about a delayed package. Most simmer down when I explain NOTHING was moving in Colorado (air or ground). Are you one of those?

lostintransit

Another poster theorized blizzards on the Eastern Plains have delayed westbound trains. Your above complaint supports it.

And listen, dumba**, DENVER IS RUNNING FULL OUT!!!! I'm a temp, supposed to be released December 23rd. Guess what? I'm STILL working!!! Leave us alone. People like you make my life hell when I'm delivering and they complain about a delayed package. Most simmer down when I explain NOTHING was moving in Colorado (air or ground). Are you one of those?

Does this mean you become permanent, after working past the Jan.1st date? Hope things ease up for all of you out there...gotta be heck!

Well for one Hodgkins,or as we like to call it the CACH, is next door to the BNSF railyard. By saying its in Hodgkins it means that the trailers last location is at the yard.Trains come in from the east are unloaded in the Chicago area based on trailer destination,are reloaded with trailers going to the same destination and then depart. If your Denver final trailer is still in Hodgkins its because BNSF,NOT UPS, have not forwarded the trailer. Perhaps they can`t get the trains thru,maybe the train might get thru but can`t be unloaded or they have no room to spot any trailers in the snow filled yards in Colorado. When it can get thru it will. Untill then sit tight or go to church and get angry at God because he is the one dumping the snow out west,but get off our backs for something that is out of our control. Just a tip here,look up the Solar system on the internet. You`ll find out the world doe`s not revolve around you. Would you like it we came to where you work and complained about the fries being cold?

colomike

Shucks, you almost explained why packages are being held up, at least on a theoretical basis. Did it really hurt?? Will you get in trouble with your buddies for almost helping a customer?

And about the cold french fries (that was low!), if my french fryer ever gets here, you'll have nothing to complain about.:)

Fredless

APWA Hater
Shucks, you almost explained why packages are being held up, at least on a theoretical basis. Did it really hurt?? Will you get in trouble with your buddies for almost helping a customer?

And about the cold french fries (that was low!), if my french fryer ever gets here, you'll have nothing to complain about.:)

Management forbids us to provide customer service. We are instructed to make good numbers, not be friendly.

And to be honest with you, it probably fell behind in sort aisle, or got smashed..or the label fell off. If it hasn't seen movement by next monday, file a claim. Its toast.

Theoretical nothing,that`s my building. We see trailers sit for various reasons from time to time. Now it`s snow in the west,this spring it was flooding in the east. I don`t love the company one iota,the vision is no longer customer service. But I still can`t stand the "waa waa`s" crying about a box that can`t be delivered for something out of our control. If your kid`s life finds value based on the presents they get then your doing a terrible job of raising them. Guess what? That guy your badmouthing while he`s busting his hump and potentially risking injury to deliver in that bad weather has kids too.