UPS dumping cash one year from contract: $5 Billion Share Repurchase Program

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You don't know what you are talking about.
LOL… actually I do!
Understand what you’re reading “Worth” is not what was paid.
Since I’m in the department that selects, purchases & operates those airplanes, I know for a fact what we paid for each and every conceivable discounts we were given.

PLUS!!! You cited 1997 and the -8’s were not even being manufactured then.

Try to keep your BS straight.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I see no way UPS could have got 747's for $100m. They're $400m planes. That would be some discount.
LOL… no they are not.
Boeing lists a 777-300ER around $300M. No one pays that.
A 747-8F lists around $250M, with 4 engines and less range, but more payload.
No one pays $250M for a -8.
We get huge discounts for a bunch of reasons.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My, my, we are quite full of ourselves aren't we.

Don't worry about judgement day. You are far to important to think about that. Always be humble and kind, right?
LOL
Are you intentionally demonstrating passive-aggressive “behavior”?

Unhappy with our own choices are we? (It’s showing).

35years

Gravy route
LOL
Are you intentionally demonstrating passive-aggressive “behavior”?

Unhappy with our own choices are we? (It’s showing).
Absolutely unhappy for all the times I looked down my nose at anyone over my lifetime. I have been guilty of that too many times to count. Mea Culpa.

Am I unhappy about choosing good, honest, hard work as a career? Absolutely not.
The higher the pedestal, the harder the fall.

When you finally realize you have precious little time left on earth, you will understand.

Last edited:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Absolutely unhappy for all the times I looked down my nose at anyone over my lifetime. I have been guilty of that too many times to count. Mea Culpa.

Am I unhappy about choosing good, honest, hard work as a career? Absolutely not.
The higher the pedestal, the harder the fall.

When you finally realize you have precious little time left on earth, you will understand.
A little off the deep end junior?
There are many ways to interpret written words.
If you have a chip on your shoulder, you take the path you have.
I can’t help you sport. You made your choice.

Look, sometimes you’re wrong about a subject, such as the one you have a hard on about.
Just say “ok, and let it go”.
You go off like a hurt little girl.
Grow up.

Zowert

Why would anyone want to work for UPS? In my area Pepsi is hiring inside warehouse workers at the same rate UPS is starting drivers. No DOT physical. No road test. No dealing with the weather.

I like driving for work, but it’s not really making sense now.
What are Pepsi’s benefits like tho?

35years

Gravy route
A little off the deep end junior?
There are many ways to interpret written words.
If you have a chip on your shoulder, you take the path you have.
I can’t help you sport. You made your choice.

Look, sometimes you’re wrong about a subject, such as the one you have a hard on about.
Just say “ok, and let it go”.
You go off like a hurt little girl.
Grow up.
Junior?
I was probally working at UPS when you were in diapers, hired before the great Ronald Reagan was president.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I didn't check the date of this article being posted, so my error.

But you routinely make comments about drivers that are disrespectful of thier dignity...As if they are lower than you somehow. That is what I have a problem with. I have dealt with many UPS managers over the years who have the same attitude.

I am honestly trying to help you before it is to late for you.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Junior?
I was probally working at UPS when you were in diapers, hired before the great Ronald Reagan was president.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I didn't check the date of this article being posted, so my error.

But you routinely make comments about drivers that are disrespectful of thier dignity...As if they are lower than you somehow. That is what I have a problem with. I have dealt with many UPS managers over the years who have the same attitude.

I am honestly trying to help you before it is to late for you.
You’re completely full of :censored2:.
I don’t “routinely make comments about drivers that are disrespectful of (sic) thier dignity”.
You sound like a little fairy snowflake. Go :censored2: your self.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
You’re completely full of :censored2:.
I don’t “routinely make comments about drivers that are disrespectful of (sic) thier dignity”.
You sound like a little fairy snowflake. Go :censored2: your self (sic).
The (sic) should go after the word spelled in error.

Go educate yourself.